Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Windows 8.1 update and DH77EB

Everything worked fine with Windows 8. Installing the update 8.1 did not pass. It turned out only after all the services have been disabled except for Microsoft.

When you turn on the service Intel Desktop Board FSC Application Service system stops working completely. Just reboot after safe mode and disabling the service.

What kind of service is not found. So I work without it, but in doubt ...

I need a help.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted

SergRed,

Please let me know if this happens with only this service or any other Intel service?

In the meantime, I am going to make a research on this, I will keep you posted.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi.

Only this service. Other Intel services are working normally.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

and yet, I tried to update the network card drivers, but the system says that they are not suitable for this operating system.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have a similar problem with the Intel DG33FB desktop board. Windows 8.1 premium installed beautifully, but there is a yellow exclamation in the Device Manager next to an "unknown PCI communication device" which is almost certainly the Intel Management Engine Interface (IMEI). It has no driver, and none can be installed. I contacted Intel support. After two days of silence and after a message to their C.E.O. they have given me two contradictory answers. One says they only support "production versions of valid operating systems" and have no driver for Windows 8.1 Preview, the other says they want to know the model of my board so they can provide me with the correct drivers... I would not install Windows 8.1 on any computer system until such time a Intel has completed releasing all its drivers for this system.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Groucho, I recommend opening a new community thread in the Intel(R) Desktop Boards forum for this information as this does not relate to the same product.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

How do you open a new thread? Kindly provide step-by-step instructions. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

open Support community - Desktop Board - and in right low Actions - start discussion.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

You may want to follow the instructions on this link /thread/43006 http://communities.intel.com/thread/43006#

0 Kudos
Highlighted

SergRed,

I have tried to duplicate this issue but I was not able to install the Intel Desktop Utilities (IDU) on Windows 8.1.

The Intel Desktop Board FSC Application Service comes with the IDU software instalation.

Were you able to install the Intel Desktop Utilities on your system? which version did you try?

I will make more research in order to provide you a resolution as soon as possible.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

You may wish to see the similar post about the DG33FB board at

There seems to be a new IMEI driver at

http://www.necacom.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7315:intelr-management-engine-in... http://www.necacom.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7315:intelr-management-engine-in...

but will it work with Windows 8.1 Preview?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi. No. It doesn't work.

It was working on Windows 8, but after installation 8.1 it crashed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

SergRed,

It looks like there are not drivers available for Windows 8.1 yet, since this is a preview version, not a production version of Windows. Drivers are provided for production versions of validated operating systems; therefore, Intel does not provide support or drivers for non production versions of operating systems.

I was able to use W8.1 without installing the Intel Desktop Utilities (IDU), so you may want to wait until drivers are available in order to install this software.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

This position is understandable. Thanks.

0 Kudos