cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amous3
New Contributor I

Windows 8 on older motherboards

Jump to solution

I loaded Windows 8 onto a one-year-old DH67BL and was a little surprised to see that I had immediate network connectivity. I knew that W-8 included native USB 3.0, so the Renesas drivers are no longer needed, but I thought I would certainly need to load the chipset and network drivers at a minimum.

I would appreciate if someone could explain the driver situation for W-8. W-8 clearly includes generic chipset and network drivers, but should I download them from intel.com and install them via USB flash drive?

And what about the graphics and management-engine drivers; should those be downloaded from intel.com and installed via USB flash drive or just allow Windows to do it? I ask this because I once tried to install only chipset and management-engine drivers from the CDROM, but then Windows Update did not list the graphics driver in the update list.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hi Baroque,

If you are experiencing issues or conflicts in device manager with the generic drivers provided by Windows, we strongly recommend using the latest ones from our website. If your system is running fine with those drivers, leave the system as it is. In case of update if needed, please download the drivers from the following website:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=... Download Center

View solution in original post

1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Hi Baroque,

If you are experiencing issues or conflicts in device manager with the generic drivers provided by Windows, we strongly recommend using the latest ones from our website. If your system is running fine with those drivers, leave the system as it is. In case of update if needed, please download the drivers from the following website:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=... Download Center

View solution in original post