Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

X99 Deluxe SMbus Controller Problem

Hi, I've ASUS X99 Deluxe motherboard and when I check SMBus Controller (which looks in Device Manager 8D22 ) says it has a problem;

If I translate correct, says; "this device can't be used because it has a problem"

What is SmBus controller and my chipset has a problem?

Tried to update chipset drivers - installed windows several times. No yellow warning, but says like this. Driver Looks 10.1.1.42 / but sources section says this.

Also I have some lag issues with games and video playbacks looks choopy - is this the reason?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This forum is for support of Intel desktop boards. You should be contacting ASUS for support of your board.

The SMBUS controller issue can be ignored. No, your chipset is not a problem. You should be using the chipset inf (which is not a driver) provided by ASUS.

No, this is not the reason for your game and video issues.

Just ignore the SMBus issue.

Doc

idata
Community Manager

To Al Hill: Thank you for your contribution.

DJ_OXyGeNe_8, I would recommend following Al's advice as the drivers should be provided by the motherboard's manufacturer.

In regards to the video quality ("games and video playbacks look choppy"), the processors for the X99 based motherboards don't have integrated graphics, so I would recommend to the manufacturer of the video card.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
idata
Community Manager

Hello DJ_OXyGeNe_8,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you were able to contact the video card manufacturer to discuss the video quality?

Best Regards,

JC