Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
11479 Discussions

XDCI Support in Series 500 chipset

Shantur
Beginner

Hi all,

I am trying to find out details about xDCI USB OTG support on 500 series ( Z590 ) chipset.

The Datasheet suggests that all USB ports are shared between xHCI ( host ) and xDCI (device) controllers.

I have questions related to that

1. How can xDCI be enabled?

2. Can xDCI be enabled on any port?

3. How many xDCI ports can be enabled at a single moment?

Thanks

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LifeLongLearner

Hi Shantur,

I am also looking for an answer to this exact question. Have you had any luck with enabling the xDCI driver?

sbakki
Beginner

I'm on the same pursuit. Any luck or information you have ? I'm looking to get this working on linux. looks like there's no controller driver in linux.

Thanks for any help you might have.

LifeLongLearner

Hello sbakki,

I haven't had any luck. I did get a reply from Intel support, but they just referred me to the board manufacturer: https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/USB-xDCI-Controller/m-p/1373069#M57068

sbakki
Beginner

Ok, exactly what i was thinking. The device side does not simply involve implementing end points and the logic. There's more like vbus, role detection logic etc.. which has to be implemented external to the controller and very much board specific. But board manufacturers are not active into software development. Is there an opportunity for a community here ?