Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Z77 board for Linux? Using i7-3770

I have already purchased an i7-3770, looking for a Z77 board for Linux. I will not be over-clocking or playing games, will be using on-board video and sound.

I had thought to buy the DZ77BH55K, but I have heard a rumor that that board is being discontinued? Can anyone confirm? This of course may just be misinformation, looking for a way to confirm one-way-or-other. The basis for this rumor was that evidently Intel is no longer offering this board to its employees under their employee buying plan, at least not as a combo (i7-3770 + DZ77BH-55K).

I feel the DZ77GA70K is a little too $$$, and maybe overkill for my needs (general office, photo editing, etc).

Other suggestions? My main requirements are that it work well with Linux, be somewhat future-proof, very robust and well supported. I will want a good a/g/n wireless NIC.

Thanks,

Keith Ostertag

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Keith,

I understand that you are looking to find out if the Intel(R) Desktop Board DZ77BH-55K is being discontinued soon.

In regards to your inquire, Intel(R) will decide the discontinuance of a product depending on the sales, possible issues and the arrival of replacing models. In regards of the 7 series motherboards, currently they are the newest and there are no replacements available to force that motherboard to be discontinued. Currently there is no notice of discontinuance that you need to worry about.

Regards.

PV

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to confirm Victor! I appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I hope they don't discontinue the DZ77BH-55K, after bios 0085 the board has been great! My only issue is a flashing power LED if I enable general optimization under fast boot. Linux works great, and the mobo has great features for high end

0 Kudos