Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11358 Discussions

c3 c6 state about sandy bridge CPU

idata
Community Manager

I have a Dell PC with G850 CPU and OS is win7 x64.Now I have a promble about cpu c state.

Set C states enable in BIOS Setup,I can observe processor's %C3 counter approaches 100% by using Windows performance monitor tool when System is idle.I can also observe C6 approaches 100% by core power state tool Rev1.1 simultaneously.

Is it a normal behavior?

Additonally,after install intel 364532_CSTResMon_Installer.exe,no instances in C3/C6/C7 Residency.

why?

what's the detail aboout C3 C6 state?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PMurp4
Valued Contributor II

As this relates to a CPU which (as far as I can tell) isn't due to be officially released for a few more weeks yet, I think you'd be better off posting in the processor related forum or even a development related one. Where did you get that intel tool from - I'm wondering if it would be any help getting to the bottom of the issues I (and many others here) are experiencing with the DG45ID motherboard and CPU C-Sleep States on 'newer' stepping CPUs for that board. Sorry I can't be more help but your question has gone way over my head

idata
Community Manager
idata
Community Manager

Hi Alim:

Have you solved this problem?

I faced the same problem as you, could you share your solution?

idata
Community Manager

Hi Albert:

The promble has not been solved yet.I can only find little information about CPU C state.