cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMcCo2
Beginner

cannot access RAID option ROM - the CTRL -I command prompt does not appear

Hello,

I am trying to change my RAID 1 to normal non-RAID. I have read and applied all the fixes that I have found on this site to no avail.

RAID is enabled in BIOS. I have been using this RAID system for years with no problems

Expansion Card Text is enabled.

Here are my system details:

MOBO: Intel DG965WH

BIOS: Intel MQ96510J.86A.1754.2008.1117.0002 Release date 11/17/2008

Processor: Intel Core 2

Memory: 3.3 Gb

RAID 1 with 2 SSD drives 250 GB each

The command prompt Ctrl - I to enter the RAID configuration utility does not appear. Ever. I have tried over and over. I am able to access the BIOS config screen with F2 always.

Thanks for any assistance.

Alan McCoy

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Alan,

Do not watch for a prompt; the responsiveness of your monitor may not allow you to see it in time to respond. Immediately after powering on (or after hard/soft reset), hold down the key and keep hitting the 'I' key over and over until the sequence is accepted and the RAID configuration interface is presented.

...Scott

Miguel_C_Old
Employee

Hi ahmccoy,

Please verify from Intel® Matrix if the RAID volume is active.

Regards,

Mike C
AMcCo2
Beginner

Hi Mike,

Yes the volume is in its normal state. i.e. the RAID 1 array is fine.

AP16
Valued Contributor III

First, in BIOS setup enable all USB legacy options, because RAID BIOS needs them to get input from USB keyboard. Also disconnect all usb hubs (including monitor or keyboard integrated) and plug the keyboard directly to BW USB ports of MB backpanel.

AMcCo2
Beginner

The keyboard I am using is connected to the PS/2 port on the MB, not a USB port.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

First of all, regardless of the keyboard type you are using, enable USB legacy (anyway).

Second, I give same advice as before; the moment you power on or reset the machine, immediately start hitting -I over and over and over, fast as you can; do not wait for any prompts before doing so and do not stop until either it is accepted or the boot sequence begins (signalling too late).

...S

AMcCo2
Beginner

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your response. I tried this 8 times. Struck out 8 times. The normal boot process just continues on its merry way until windows starts.

Alan