Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

code error "9b" intel board DP55KG

Hi, i have to change operational system and clean up my computer, but when i try start up the compúter to put the new system, this code "9b", the computer stay on, but without any video, vga is new, memory is new, processor is new, please anybody help me ?!?

peace.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

POST Code 9B indicates that something failed while attempting to initialize mouse support. Hanging at this point is often an indicator that there is something - some connected device - that is hanging one of the USB Buses (or the chipset's support for USB is not working properly.

Other possibilities, since this is a "new" build, is that something is going wrong as a result of either the RAM being bad or incompatible or (perhaps more likely) the graphics card being incompatible. For us to help you look into these possibilities, please respond with the full part numbers (not descriptions!) for both the DIMM(s) and the graphics card being used.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

hi, first, thank you so much for try to help me, asked informations:

VGA:

AXR7 240 2GBBK3-HV3E/OC

S/N BG1406041748

G2192000-G532B0263609AA-0064-2

RADEON R7 240 POWERCOLOR

MEMORY:

AKME1611332

99U5474-0020.A00LF

PQJEU-P3LMVF-Y89JA

KVR1333D3N9/8G

1.5V

PROCESSOR:

CORE I7 870 2.93/8M

BOARD:

INTEL DP55KG

AZKG942000HQ

AA E47218-483

i hope that you can help me.....

PEACE.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The only potential issue I can identify from this information is that you are using a relatively modern graphics card in a board that was designed 10 years ago. The BIOSs from back then seem to have a lot of issues with the modern board's OpROMs (which provide the BIOS with a driver for the graphics card). This may be because the drivers are compliant to modern UEFI standards whereas this board dates from UEFI's infancy. We have also seen cases where modern boards, even though they say that they are backwards compatible with the earlier PCIe versions, really aren't. Bottom line, my only suggestion is to try an older - much older - graphics card and see if you can get it working with that card. Do you still have the one that was being used previously? If it helps, I am using a Radeon HD 5670 card with my DX58SO board (which utilizes a same-generation BIOS as the DP55KG).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

thank you for your reply, and help again, i put another graphic card RADEON HD6570 AX6570 2GBK3-H error "9b" again, and I put another diferent ASUS EAH6850 DC/2DIS/1GD5/V2 error "5a" , let me say, i don't know what i do now !!

peace...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hhmmm, hanging at POST Code 5A is typically the result of an issue with a bad drive locking a SATA bus, not anything to do with the graphics card...

Next thing to look at is memory. Tell me, are the DIMMs you purchased low profile?

Low Profile DIMMs look like this:

LowProfile.jpg

Normal Profile DIMMs look like this:

NormalProfile.jpg

Low profile DIMMs are NOT support on Intel Desktop Boards (I was informed of this by BIOS developers but never understood why).

Regardless, to look into this further, borrow some DDR3 memory from another machine or friend and try it in this system.

...S

0 Kudos