Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LPina
Beginner

destop board DZ87KLT-75. No video after changing setting in BIOS

After installing the motherboard, I accessed the BIOS and disabled a setting in the video menu. Now I have no display.

I have sound and can hear the Intel intro as well as the windows intro.

I flashed the BIOS following instructions in the website to re-store the BIOS settings and still have the same issue.

When restoring the BIOS I all the instructions are displayed, and it says the operation was successful. I disconnected the power as indicated and again followed all the instructions to the letter but after re-starting I have the same issue. No display at all. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Lpdirect,

Please let me know if you tried to restore the BIOS to default settings moving the BIOS jumper to position 2 and 3.

We can try to clear the CMOS removing the battery and leave the system without it for about an hour. Then put it back on and restart the system. http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-028780.htm?wapkw=clear+cmos+battery# datetime http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-028780.htm?wapkw=clear+cmos+battery# datetime

Regards.

LPina
Beginner

Sylvia, thanks for your response, I tried to clear the CMOS by removing the battery and leaving the system for an hour, did not work, also changing the jumper to position 2 and 3. Flashed the BIOS and nothing. I finally got a DVI to HDMI cable and connected the display to the motherboard HDMI port, then removed the video card and re-started the system. I got the display back and was able to access the BIOS and loaded the default settings.

Why, after following all the recommended procedures to re-stored the BIOS settings, the BIOS did not change back to default, is a mystery.

Another thing I was able to validate is the fact that my video card was not compatible (all the other components, memory, SSD, HDD are compatible and have no issues).

One more thing, the CD with the drivers was not able to run, it keeps saying the motherboard installed is not an Intel Board (quite odd), so I installed the drivers manually.

The problem is solved now and I am pleased with the performance.

For those who might encounter similar issues some additional information:

Processor i7-4770K

Memory 2x8GB GSKILL F3-1600C9D

Video Card (apparently not compatible) Gigabyte GTS 450; NVIDIA GTS 450/PCI-E 2.0 I will do more research and post results if i am successful installing it later.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Lpdirect,

I'm glad to know you have your system back and running now.

Regards.