Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msilv49
Beginner

dh61ww flashing

here's my problem. I've started updating my bios from 0020 version, until the 0035 one, then I'm stuck. I can't update it anymore, will abort the operation every time.

My goal is to use the i5 3570, I need at least the 0041 version, currently it does not work with it, it throws 3 bip on boot. I use the F7 method, any help would be greatly helpful, thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

3 beeps is a memory issue. Try removing your memory and using only one stick, until you get past the 3 beeps. You will still have a problem with the bios update, however.

Doc

msilv49
Beginner

I've used an i3 2120 for the flashing process, together with one stick of 1333mhz ram.

Now i have a new problem. I've tried to return to 0034 and flash again. The motherboard is no longer able to function, it is stuck in a recovery loop, not permitted from bios 0035 to bios 0099...

So, it's not possible to update the bios, from 0020 to 0041?

AlHill
Super User

Keep messing with it and you will brick the bios, if not already.

@n.scott.pearson​ may be able to help you out of this jam. Just be patient.

Doc

msilv49
Beginner

I'll try a recovery procedure, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005630/boards-and-kits.html

No drama, if the motherboard bricks itself, it's useless without the i5 3570. I've used countless motherboards, from every manufacturer, but this is a intriguing one, nearly as the earlier Msi branded ones!

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Hi @msilv49​,

I defined a process for getting from where you are to where you need to be (namely, BIOS 120 (BE0120)). See my post here for full instructions: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004HIiQ1SAL/unable-to-update-bios-past-0035-dh61cr.

Note that you should complete this entire process using your 2nd gen. processor (the Core i3-2120); you can install your 3rd gen. processor (the Core i5-3570) when the process is complete.

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S. To anyone else reading this post: This process applies equally well to any of these boards: DH61CR, DH61BE, DH61DL, DH61SA, DH61WW and DH61ZE. All of these boards utilize the same BIOS.

msilv49
Beginner

Hi, I've followed these instructions and it does not work.

"Recovery is not permitted from BIOS 0035 to BIOS 0041"

Do i need to use the 0035 BIOS to recover?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I have never seen that message before. Can you try again and take a snapshot of screen (using phone)?

Y​es, a possible scenario is to do recovery to BIOS 35 and then install BIOS 41 and BIOS 48 using F7 method.

...S