Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACosm
Beginner

dh67bl sata 3gb/s not working

Hello. I have a dh67bl motherboard and i am trying to install multiple drives but with no good results.

I have a corsair 90gb ssd...a Toshiba 3tb and a wd purple 4tb.

All work ok alone on the 6gb/s sata...in all configurations.

But when i try to add one on the 3gb/s sata i can sometimes see it in bios..but the windows doesn't recognize it. Windows on ssd is in ahci mode without uefi...and now i tried with another install on the wd drive ahci with uefi activated but with same results.

I am using a jumper settings to go to 3gb/s on the wd whenever i try to plug it in in the 3gb/s ports. the Toshiba as i know needs no such thing. Tried changing all the sata cables multiple times also.

Whenever i have a disk in the 3gb/s sata and i see it in bios...the windows boot hans..or just stays blocked....or sometimes it goes but i cant see the drive in windows; or i see it but i cant do anything with it.

Any ideas at this point are welcomed.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello adriancc,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the SATA II interface.

Can you please provide the following information to better assist you?
  • Operating System:
  • BIOS version:
  • Have you tried connecting all of the drives to all the available SATA II ports?
I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Juan V.
ACosm
Beginner

Hello

Operating system is windows 10 pro latest updates. And also latest version of bios. I already did all updates reinstalled windows bios restarts and things like that.

I am thinking the motherboard's 3gb/s sata ports are faulty and there is nothing for me to do just use it as it is with only 2 drives and make an upgrade when i can.

if you think that there is anything for me to try ...i am listening.

thanks

idata
Community Manager

Hello adriancc,

Thank you for the information.

At this point, I would recommend testing the system with a http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005640. supported OS for this motherboard, if the issue persists, most likely the issue is related to the SATA II as you mentioned.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Juan V
idata
Community Manager

Hello adriancc,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if you need further assistance?

Regards,

Juan V.