cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cCeel
Beginner

dh87mc mainboard no pcie devices found in bios

Hi

We have dh87mc mainboard in the bios it does not list any cards populated in any of the slots, so we cannot install drivers for these devices.

Graphics cards will work in the pcie slot but does not show in the bios. We cannot get working network card, tv tuner card & usb 3.0 card

Thanks Craig

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Craig,

For this kind of situation these are some recommendations we can provide:

Regards.

cCeel
Beginner

Hi Sylvia

We have tried your suggestions below but still have the same problem. 3 mainboards all the same problem. Network cards, tv tuner cards, don't get detected in the bios. We are also having the same problem with the intel b85fl mainboard. Please let me know if you have a fix…

Thanks

Craig

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Craig,

Could you please use the Intel® System Identification Utility using the following site? http://www.intel.com/support/siu_la.htm?wapkw=%28siu%29 http://www.intel.com/support/siu_la.htm?wapkw=%28siu%29

That will generate an 8 digits code called Report Reference ID. Please let us have that code, this will provide us information on what is being detected on your system. In addition please fill in the following information:

AA number and Serial number of the motherboard:

Processor model:

Memory manufacturer and part number:

Wattage and model of the power supply installed:

Model number of the PCI-e devices installed:

Once I received this information I will provide this behavior to the engineering team.

Regards

cCeel
Beginner

Hi Sylvia

Intel System Identification Utility Reference Number: 0202 4180

Date Created: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:29:50 PM

ADVANCEDSYSTEM INFORMATIONComputer ManufacturerIntel CorporationComputer ModelDH87MCOperating System (O/S) Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1Operating System Build (O/S)(build 7601), 64-bitOperating System (version) 6.1.7601O/S Language0C09System RAM 7.9 GB.NET Framework Version3.5.30729.5420CD or DVD Device ATAPI iHBS312 2 SCSI CdRom DeviceSystem Hard Drive OverviewSystem Total Storage Size:1.8 TBPhysical Drivenot detectedMakernot detectedModelnot detectedBus Typenot detectedLocal Disk not detectednot detectedUsed space:not detectedFree Space:not detectedMemory DetailTotal Physical Memory7.9 GBAvailable Physical Memory6.1 GBTotal Virtual Memory2.0 GBInternet Browser [1]Internet ExplorerInternet Browser Version [1]9.10.9200.16635

CHIPSET INFORMATION Chipset Software StatusIntel® Chipset Installation File (INF) detectednot detected Detected Chipset INF Version9.4.0.1017Chipset INF StatusThis version is valid Detailed Chipset Informationhttp://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/inf/sb/cs-009266.htm In...
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks a lot for the information Craig. It will be provide to the engineering team. I will keep you posted.

Regards.

FBarb1
Beginner

I've the same problem. Any update?

Intel® System Identification Utility:0234 6896
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Guys, please make sure you are running the latest BIOS available and also check with the device manufacturer if there is any firmware or driver updated that needs to be install.

MBrok
Beginner

I've been meaning to post a reply but kept forgetting.

About a month ago I loaded version 0154 of the bios and it resolved my issue where the pcie cards were not detected. My pcie tuner cards now work correctly in windows.

Thanks for your help.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

We really do appreciate your comment, Mobonoworky.

It will be very helpful for other users. Thanks a lot.

MBrok
Beginner

Hello,

I joined this forum to report that I have the exact same problem with my avermedia pcie tuner card (same as hybrid's) not showing up in the bios and windows doesn't see it either. I've tried it in both 1x pcie slots. I have two identical tuner cards, both of which worked perfectly fine in the computer before I replaced the motherboard and neither work now. I am also running bios 0047. I don't have any other pcie cards I can try.

This is extremely frustrating as this seems to be a common issue with intel mobos and tv tuner cards. Search this forum and you'll find a couple of threads dedicated to this problem.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Mobonoworky,

Thanks for the information; we already escalated this situation to our engineering team.

While we find a solution for this issue, can you try rolling back to the previous BIOS version 0043, and check if the TV card worked OK with that BIOS?

regards.

MBrok
Beginner

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for the reply. So it works with bios rev 043? I'll try that tonight.

Thanks again!

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

I apologize Mobonoworky, I didn't meant to said the TV card used to work with BIOS 0043. I just edited my answer.

You may want to check if it works or wait until we receive an answer from the engineering team.

Thanks again.

MBrok
Beginner

I see. I'll try 0043 if I get a chance.

Thanks again!

KCheh
Beginner

Hello there,

I'm having exactly the same problem with my PCIe SATA expasion card on the DH87MC.

Any solution for this?

Thank You

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Portaxe, we already notified our engineering team about this situation. As soon as I receive any information I will provide the answer on this thread.

Could you please use the Intel® System Identification Utility using the following site? http://www.intel.com/support/siu_la.htm?wapkw=%28siu%29 http://www.intel.com/support/siu_la.htm?wapkw=%28siu%29

That will generate an 8 digits code called Report Reference ID. Please let us have that code, this will provide us information on what is being detected on your system. In addition please fill in the following information:

• AA number and Serial number of the motherboard:
  • Processor model:
  • Memory manufacturer and part number:
  • Wattage and model of the power supply installed:
  • Model number of the PCI-e devices installed:

Once I received this information I will provide this behavior to the engineering team.

Regards
MBrok
Beginner

Any update on this issue?

Thanks!

CSeid
Novice

Hello sylvia_intel,

any news concerning the issue (also see my posting of October 5th)? Is there by any chance some beta BIOS I might test?

Thanks,

Christian

DSibo
Beginner

Any news regarding PCI Express cards not being detected by this DH87MC motherboard?

I experience the same problem on my DH87MC when trying to use a PCI Express card with 2 x SATA ports (Sil3132 controller).

HMuel2
Beginner

Hello,

I have the same problem. Board has the newest BIOS. None of my PCIe cards works (they all work in other systems, including one with H87 chipset) . Board serial is BTMC33000HJ6.

Please fix this problem ...

Regard,s helmut