mhlni
Novice

dh87mc restart with no screen

dear all

i have a dh87mc with 8gb kingston "kvr16n11/8" 1.5v x2

cpu : i7-4790 3.60ghz

ssd : Transcend ssd370 250gb

PSU : 400W

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i work as an IT manager in a small company for 12 years now , i have tried everything possible , from the top to the bottom :

- reinstalling different types of cpu's ( Same thing )

-decreasing ram and changing ram manufactuers ( same thing )

-unplugging everything and replug it back ( same thing )

-remove bios batter , resetting bios , enetering the bios from the power button (same thing)

-installing an hdd 500 gg , kingston , hsdt , seagate ... etc (same thing)

-updating the bios (same thing)

so what are my options now i have an unsatisfied customer and a headache ... i am considering to replace the product ... what do you guys suggest ?

PS : even from bios when i save something and restart ... it restarts with a black screen ... under windows 7,8 and 8.1 same thing each time the thing restart i have to turn it off and turn it back on ... i even tried to convince the customer not to turn it off the answer was a bit ugly ... anyhow ... waiting for you guys to reply

thank you in advance ...

15 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Bizo_biz,

Thank you for letting me know all the troubleshooting steps you have tried with this motherboard and let me say that you have done a very good job.

Please note that Intel® 8 series boards do not support the Haswell refresh processors. Third party boards may support these processors but with a BIOS update.

Here you Can find the compatible processors for this motherboard:

http://processormatch.intel.com/Processors/CompatibleProcessors?componentName=DH87MC http://processormatch.intel.com/Processors/CompatibleProcessors?componentName=DH87MC

Kevin M

mhlni
Novice

thank you kevin for your generous help

i5-4440 3.10 ghz did the job ... you know , i was in a hurry so replaced it with an asus 81 ... because the customer was in a hurry ..

thanks again...

we'll stay in touch ..

take care

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

You are Welcome!

JBazz
Beginner

Same issue with this board intel dh87mc using intel core i7 4790...running latest update bios.... any bios update or solution?

AlHill
Super User

Only one post is necessary. I have answered in the other thread that your board does not support your haswell refresh processor.

Doc

Larryvw1
Beginner

Hi I had the similar problem everything works except restart

if there is no bios update then I can live with having to shut it off then start it

to bad Intel dose not support its older boards

AlHill
Super User

The latest bios is 0164, and is attached.

I have the same board, and have no issues.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

Larryvw1
Beginner

Larryvw1
Beginner

Do you know how to get it boot from a NVE M.2samsung 970 evo 

my MB is brand new it was the only new board that supported 1050 socket 

my asus mb pins got bent and i did not want to through away a $500. cpu

thanks

AlHill
Super User

The DH87MC supports the 1150 socket, not 1050.

The Dh87MC board bios does not support/boot NVME.

What processor are you trying to use?

AlHill
Super User

Sorry, I did not see that you had an i7-4790 processor.  That is a haswell refresh processor.  It is not supported by the DH87MC.

Larryvw1
Beginner

well every thing works except restart

will it support a nve m.2 in a pci slot converter it sees it in disk management and explorer 

AlHill
Super User

Then, everything does not work.  That processor is not supported by your board.

Larryvw1
Beginner

you are correct I always get that wrong

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The 8 Series Desktop Boards does not support that this processor in their BIOS, so you will never be able to get into BIOS Setup with it. Still, I am told that the drivers will support the iGFX engine being used in Windows. I still think it is better to use an add-in graphics card (I am using GTX 1060 3GB in my Kinsley (DZ87KLT-75K) board).

There is no support in the BIOSs for the 8 Series Desktop Boards for booting from NVMe drives (unless the carrier card provides a OpROM-based BIOS driver specifically for this), but I have been told that you can boot from another (SATA) drive yet still have the NVMe drive be your System drive. UEFI Boot is required for this. It's a neat trick; one I haven't tried myself...

Hope this helps,

...S