cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AVolo2
Novice

dn2800mt windows XP 82574L ethernet does not have link

Hi,

Could someone help download the 16.7 driver? It doesn't seem to exist at the website download center.

Resolved with help of: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18388/Network-Driver-for-Windows https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18388/Network-Driver-for-Windows

Regards.

Andrey

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Andrey_nsk,

Could you please provide more information about the Main issue?

Regards,

Hellen.

AVolo2
Novice

Hi Hellen.

The issue I was meeting was on IEMGD install network got down. It can not be considered to be a Main issue though.

Sincerely yours,

Andrey

AVolo2
Novice

Details:

OS Windows XP SP3

First: after install of the OS, network does start and function.

Than: after IEMGD video driver install, network connection shows disconnected status.

On do set up connection speed manually 100 or 1000mb\s it turns up for a few seconds and goes down.

It seems that EMGD_CDV_1_15_1_GC_3278.exe and PROWinXP_32_18.3.exe does conflict.

However the solution was found : I got managed to downgrade network adapter driver to the version 16.7 which doesn't seem to conflict with the EMGD.

AVolo2
Novice

Actually I do meet some other issue with the DN2800MT which I do use.

It doesn't allow me neither to start livecd Linux nor Install Linux.

Could you suggest some solution to that? Some tests?

It just halts on Linux install.

However I'm rather happy with the fact that WinXPSP3 does work at the PC. Therefore it is not crucial as well.

Andrey

idata
Community Manager

Hi Andrey_nsk,

According to what I understand,

You needed to download the Network driver 16.7, but the link you provide helped you,

But you found there the solution, didn't you?

Now you want to know if there is a way to install Linux* on Intel® Desktop Board DN2800MT, don't you?

Here you can find information related to Linux on Intel® Desktop Boards

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005640.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005640.html

Regards,

Hellen.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Try using only a 32-bit build of Linux...

AVolo2
Novice

Yes, Hellen.

I did find there the solution for the network issue.

Thank you very much!

Thank you for the link provided.

I will try investigate available-through-the-link-resources and linux 32 bit install.

Sincerely yours,

Andrey

idata
Community Manager

Thanks Andrey_nsk, for the feedback!

If there is anything else you need, do not hesitate to contact us back.

Regards,

Hellen.

AVolo2
Novice

Linux 32bit installed and started successfully at the dn2800mt.

I'm just wondering if two intel boards, dn2800mt and d525MW can be combined into one computer to achieve some performance increase?

In particular video performance increase which seems to be rather poor at dn2800mt 32bit rhel6.

Is there a way to run a Virtualization host for 64 bit guests using the mentioned above equipment?

Sincerely yours,

Andrey

n_scott_pearson

The answer to the first question is No. Processors must share a memory space to be able to do that (and, being on separate boards, they don't). I don't believe the DN2800MT board's BIOS supports 64-bit operation at all (you would have been able to run 64-bit Linux if this were the case). What do you hope to accomplish by going to 64-bits? I can tell you that doing so is certainly NOT going to improve graphics performance. The N2800 Atom processor is outfitted with a low-end graphics solution and, well, it is what it is. Secondly, a VM cannot access any memory other than what the host OS provides, so the 4GB limit stays in place.

...S

AVolo2
Novice

Thank you for the explanation provided.

Now it got rather clean to me that the motherboard has a 4GB RAM limit.

Perhaps with that memory size running VMs is rather problematic.

Actually the board has been allowing me to run Oracle Linux 64 bit before.

But after my experience with Windows 10 install, it turned out to refuse Linux 64 bit install.

Nevertheless I will try 64 bit Linux install, since the 32bit version is functioning.

However using of 64bit version seems of no benefits to me with the 4GB memory limitation, but for use of updated 64 bit software.

Thank you for asking:

I was just trying to run 64 bit pre-installed images at my Oracle Virtualbox Virtualization Environment.

The return was: "64 bit guests requires Virtualization support at the motherboard". Running 64 guests was of interest to me due to that fact that I'm participating in MOOC courses and some of the courses do have labs and some of labs presumes 64 bit guests run. One more reason why I was speculating about the 64 bit guests run was the fact that I'm working as a Linux, hm, freelancer-remote-assistant. And from time to time I have to tackle with resolving my clients Linux related issues at my side.

I thought it could make things much easier if I could run guests virtualized at my PC. And do some resolving and deliver either the image or solution to the remote side. However I got managed to use Cloud solutions like AWS to tackle with 64 bit guests related tasks.

But working in cloud has some other specific peculiarities.

Perhaps I will try Lightweight Ubuntu for achieve better Desktop performance.

Sincerely yours,

Andrey

n_scott_pearson

According to ark.intel.com (here: http://ark.intel.com/products/58917/Intel-Atom-Processor-N2800-1M-Cache-1_86-GHz Intel® Atom™ Processor N2800 (1M Cache, 1.86 GHz) Specifications), the N2800 processor is limited to 4GB of memory and it does not support VT or VT-D.

While the N2800 processor supports the 64-bit instruction set, the implementation on this particular board limits Windows to 32-bit mode (mostly because of the lack of availability of 64-bit graphics drivers). You should, in theory, be able to install and run 64-bit Linux, but the 4GB memory limitation makes the use of 64-bits all but worthless IMHO.

Overall, you are talking about a very low-end solution here that was designed primarily for embedded applications; you should expect only mediocre desktop performance...

...S

idata
Community Manager

Thanks for the information, It can help others customers.

Regards,

Hellen.

AVolo2
Novice

Thank you Hellen, Thank you Scott Pearson,

Could I ask you to provide me with some advise on which graphic pci express 1x card to add to the DN2800MT?

I have just thought about using two monitors connected simultaneously.

[I work with text translations and I would like to have a text opened at monitor 1 and the translation opened at monitor 2 ,and I would like to copy-paste and drag and drop texts between opened at displays windows using a mouse]

The issue seems to be rather resolved:

It seems I should look into hdmi +vga monitors connected[it will cause me to get a new monitor as I have no hdmi connector at monitors]

Perhaps one more solution for me is to use the d525MW board with some "prehistoric" pci video adapter.

Probably I could add LVDS [spare laptop display] to the dn2800mt and use it with a vga connected monitor.

Andrey

n_scott_pearson

I have never used any of the PCIe x1 graphics cards, so I cannot comment on their compatibility. You don't need much graphics performance, so I would suggest you go for the board with oldest GPU that you can find (it will have best chance of being compatible). I see that there are a couple for under US$50 on Amazon.

Another option is to go with a USB-based graphics adapter. I have only seen one in action and it was USB 3.0-based. I am thus unsure how well a USB 2.0 graphics adapter will work (i.e. whether using them places an undue load on the system). Anyone else have any experience?

I have also seen (but never used) an adapter that you connect to the board as if it was the monitor but then you can connect two monitors to it. To the system, these two monitors appear as one big monitor.

Regarding your other question, I have used a HDMI-to-DVI dongle with a DN2800MT to connect a DVI monitor to it. I never tried the VGA connector, however (because I use a DVI-based KVM).

...S