Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
11450 Discussions

does motherboard MB-IDH-67BLB3 have provisions for TPI for windows 11 If so what part number should

sygriskonisfarm
Beginner

does motherboard MB-IDH-67BLB3 have provisions for TPI for windows 11 If so what part number should i order ?? Thanks & God Bless Sy

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The DH67BL board is a multimedia design and thus has no provisions for the addition of a TPM module.

Back then, there was no O/S on the horizon that would forcibly require a TPM in order to operate.

Sorry,

...S

P.S. Maybe you can get your hands on the 'special purpose' version of Windows 11 mentioned in this Tom’s Hardware article: Windows 11 to Ship Without TPM Requirement for 'Special Purpose' Systems.

sygriskonisfarm
Beginner

Scott I do not know . I called the manufacture  and am still using the computer and thought it would be nice ic my computer would do windows 11. I am a farmer so I thought maybe i could open it up and just plug in. Or what you mentioned could get Windows 11 with out the tpm I appreciate your feed back. I was on the phone with intel waiting for an hour and no one ever picked up. So any thing you can provide I would appreciate. Thanks & God Bless Scott !!

sygriskonisfarm
Beginner

Could i change the motherboard for one that has it or would it be too expensive ??

n_scott_pearson

You are talking about spending money on a new motherboard when we do not even know yet if processors this old will be supported. Microsoft is telling people that they won't work; take a look at these articles: Can Your PC Run Windows 11? Not if It's More Than 4 Years Old, Says Microsoft and Windows 11 May Not Run On Early Ryzen, Threadripper, Skylake-X, or Any Pre-2016 Intel PCs.

When we talk about spending money like this, we also have to think about the age of these systems. We are talking about processors and motherboards with 6 Series chipset and memory that were all released in 2011; already over 10 years old. Spending money on a replacement motherboard for a system this old seems to me to be, as they say, 'throwing good money after bad' - the money you spend now propping up this old system is money you won't have to purchase the more-modern system that you will definitely need in a year or two. I would suggest sticking with Windows 10 on this PC and upgrade to Windows 11 on your next PC.

It's up to you. I am going to wait and see what happens in the next few months...

...S

n_scott_pearson

I too have systems that cannot be equipped with TPM, so I am watching this closely. We're months away from the actual launch of Windows 11, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens...

...S