Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apers4
Beginner

dx38bt 3 beeps no boot

(system specs:win 7 32bit, had saphire 3800 series took out to replace wiht gefprce gtx 950, 4 gigs or ram with a 2.3 quad core)

was having issues with video card so I figured I could get a bit of extra life outa my board by ugrading. Orderd new vid card and 8 gigs of ram. Took out old card put in 1 stick of ram and replaced old card wiht new one (gefprce gtx 950) hti power supply button to turn on power, no need to hit on/off switch it just started and gave me 3 beeps with no video and no access to bios. Looked up beep codes and found it had/has? to do with memmorie? so ive tried a million and 1 diferant configerations witjh the new and old memmorie sticks to no avail all it does is beep when I hit the power supply switch. sometimes it will shut down on its own and restart with the same 3 beeps sometimes it just shuts down. Any help would be great and thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Does it boot with a single memory stick (from the set that was working before)? http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dx38bt/sb/CS-028330.htm Intel® Desktop Board DX38BT — System Memory

Does it boot with the graphics card that was working before?

What is the power supply wattage or model?

apers4
Beginner

It is an antec 750w ps. its got all those fancy connecters that u can add or subtract. And no i dose nothing no matter what i do. I know the beep code states its a mem prob but i have tried numorous diferant configurations of the mem sticks both new and old and tried it with the old vid card and the new vid card and I do not even get to see the bios screen come up. i have noticed when i plug my moniter into the card it goes from saying that the cable is disconnected to being ok but yeah , no i get no sort of boot up at all.

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

You may want to remove power and CMOS battery for thirty minutes; or test the motherboard with minimum components, out of the case on a non-conductive surface.