Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

dx79sr i7-3930K Bios - wont let me into Fan Control Page

I'm trying to look at the Bios fan controls - but whenever I try to get into that part of the BIOS the bios utility just freezes, I cannot move to any other options and have to reboot to get out of it.

Any ideas?

also - this is a brand new pc,brought home from the shop 2 days ago. This morning, the pc wouldn't boot (shut down fine last night) - Red motherboard power button and green reset buttons were lit up, but nothing else, pc wouldn't power up,spin fans, beep - nothing. 1st led to the left of the mobo power button was on - but I don't know what that refers to.

I pulled the CMOS battery, and it booted up fine again. Battery is now back in place, and it boots ok. Could this be related?

thanks

A

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi - does anyone know where I can get an answer to this problem?

Is there a formal tech support area that would be a better place for this question.

thanks for the help

A

idata
Community Manager

You don't need to pull out the battery .You can use the CMOS configuration jumper.

But disconnect the computer's power cord from the AC power source !!

It is highly recommanded to read the manual before you open the case

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/category/dsktpboards/db-dx79si/doc_guide Documents & Guides for the Intel® Desktop Board DX79SI

If the 1st led to the left of the mobo power button is on ,it means that you have the +5V standby voltage from the power suply. You have to check your power suply if the PC doesn't start (No spinning fan, green lights, etc) without any extension cards added (Video, Soundcard ,etc ).

If the PC start without any card inserted ,it means that you have trouble with one of the extension cards.