cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NNeri
Beginner

dx79sr need BIOS backup

Hello,

I need DX79SR bios backup in .bin extension. Someone have this motherboard and can make .bin file by using Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

As a security measure, Intel does not provide bios updates in .bin format. You should be very concerned when attempting such.

You can get the .bio file here, and use the recovery method for installing this bios on your board:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23825/BIOS-Update-SIX7910J-86A- Download BIOS Update [SIX7910J.86A]

Also, including your email address is a big mistake, as it will certainly invite spam.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I will say something more: It is certainly possible (with the right hardware and software) for someone to take an image from the flash IC on one board and load this image onto another board of the same model. In so doing, however, you are creating a duplicate system. By duplicate, I mean that they will share Serial Number and MAC Address. Bottom line, don't do this for anyone who asks. Do you really want them using your Serial Number and MAC Address?

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hello, All:

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Amy.