Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

dx79to and i7 - 3930K not booting ubuntu

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have dx79to using HyperX Blu 8GB 1600MHz ram and i7 - 3930k cpu and even with the latest 0559 bios update ubuntu doesn't boot if I enable more than 1 cpu in bios, kernel hangs at: Booting Node 0, Processors # 1

If I enable all cores system boots only if I set maxprocessors=1 or acpi=off kernel options

The same thing happens if I use linux 3.2 (default 12.04LTS kernel) or 3.5 (backport from the latest ubuntu)

Here is how the screen looks when it stops booting:

Any ideas?

LPT

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Tine,

We would like to inform you that since Intel motherboards are not designed to support Linux, the assistance we can offer is limited at this point. Our best recommendation for Intel customers using Linux on their systems, is contacting the distribution support group for further technical troubleshooting. Thank you for your understanding.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Tine,

We would like to inform you that since Intel motherboards are not designed to support Linux, the assistance we can offer is limited at this point. Our best recommendation for Intel customers using Linux on their systems, is contacting the distribution support group for further technical troubleshooting. Thank you for your understanding.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi,

thank you for your answer,

is this the official intel position on linux? Does it include all intel motherboards or are some (server?) motherboards supported?

LPT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Tine,

To check the official supported Operating Systems for our Intel motherboards please take a look at the following website:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-008326.htm Desktop Boards — Supported operating systems

We also would like to inform you that our Intel server boards do support Linux.

0 Kudos