Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rNone1
Novice

dz68db motherboard no support for gtx 1070 video card?

Hello all, trying to install gtx1070 card but the tech is telling that the bios needs to be updated in order to have the motherboard give it enough juice or to read the card. Any suggestions? I think I am running is DBZ6810h.86a.0014.2011.1049 any feedback good or bad will help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Which came first? The motherboard or the video card? Back when the board was made (2011, 8 years ago), it had no idea of what future video cards would require.

A BIOS update is not going to provide any JUICE, and you should now stop seeing your "tech" for providing such a suggestion.

Your board does not support PCIe 3.0, so even if you were to get the card working, it would work in a degraded mode.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/55744/intel-desktop-board-dz68db.html

I have seen a fair number of these, where a 3.0 card claims to be backward compatible with 2.0 boards. I believe it is an issue of not being fully backward compatible, where the card vendor has not fully tested such backward compatibility.

Some cards work, and some do not. Other than incompatibility, power supply problems, board failing, etc.

There are also cases where the support for UEFI in the BIOS is not up to date with the version of UEFI supported in the Boot ROMs.

As the announcement in the Desktop Boards forum says, the driver and bios files for these unsupported boards have been removed. Unless a forum member has the .bio file (which I believe will make no difference), you will have to find it elsewhere, at your own risk. It also seems like you are very FAR behind in the bios. You may need several .bio files to get up-to-date or use a bios recovery procedure.

Doc

rNone1
Novice

I appreciate your prompt response, sincerely. I did manage to downlaod an 0048 bios package, I will submit to my tech to see if this can be of any help for me. Hopefully all i need is 0048 . I am using a 2nd generation core i7

AlHill
Super User

Good luck.

Now, if you do get the bios updated, and you do get the card working, you may want to consider upgrading to a 3rd gen processor:

https://processormatch.intel.com/Processors/CompatibleProcessors?componentName=DZ68DB

In for a penny, in for a pound?<G>

Doc

MFern42
Novice

I'm also having this exact problem, my "14" BIOS version won't let me update to version 40, which I have. Please, can anybody help me? This is my last hope of using my new GPU