Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nnadj
Beginner

hi i have motherboard ( DZ77GA 70K ) and a processor ( i7 3770 ) the CMOS show me the code 15 and she dont's boot

hi i have motherboard ( DZ77GA 70K ) and a processor ( i7 3770 ) the CMOS show me the code 15 and she dont's boot

some times show the code 10 and (14 with BIP)

thank you .

0 Kudos
13 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Please provide more details. Is this a new build or did this problem develop over time? If so, what happened (what changed)? What is the last POST code you see? Can you provide the complete list of POST codes you see?

idata
Community Manager

Hi Cr4zYn0u,

I am following your case; please include the brand name and model of the memory to Scott's request.

Regards,Mike C

nnadj
Beginner

hello Scott

no it's not a new build (build it in 2012), i have updated the bios to 0066 Before this error , CMOS code are : 15 all times, 10 and 14 with BIP some times

Operating System

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz 47 °C

Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM

16.0 Go Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard

Intel Corporation DZ77GA-70K (CPU 1) 37 °C

Graphics

27EA73 (1920x1080@60Hz)

2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (MSI) 33 °C

Storage

465GB Hitachi HDS721050DLE630 (SATA) 38 °C

2794GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 (SATA) 39 °C

Optical Drives

ATAPI iHAS122

Audio

AMD High Definition Audio Device

n_scott_pearson

Did you see the problem immediately after (i.e. as part of) installing the BIOS update or was it working fine for a while afterwards and then the problem occurred?

What is the last POST code that you see?

Is the on-screen POST code display disappearing or does it stay on the screen?

POST codes in the 0x10 - 0x1F range are indications of steps in the initialization of the processor and direct peripherals (including memory). If the problem is occurring here, it is usually an indication of a processor or board/memory failure; it is typically not anything to do with the BIOS update process.

One thing you can try is to power off the system, unplug it from the wall and then remove the CR2032 battery from the board for 15 minutes. This clears the CMOS memory. As you power on, use F2 to enter BIOS setup (if it does not take you there automatically as a result of the CMOS clear) and then use F9 to reset the BIOS configuration. Make any changes you need (boot order, etc.) and then exit from BIOS setup with a save.

Hope this helps,

...S

nnadj
Beginner

hello scott

no it work fine for last 5 month

the last code is 15

the code stay on the screen

i try to remove the battery for a will and dont work for me

now when i want start the PC i Continue pressing the reset button for 40 or 50 time to run

n_scott_pearson

Hanging at POST code 15 usually means that there is a hang on the SMBus. The BIOS needs to use the SMBus to read the SPD data from each of the memory DIMMs (which tells it how to configure the memory). I have seen this issue caused by a bad (failed) DIMM. I suggest that you try using the board with different memory and see if the problem is resolved that way. Alternatively, remove all but one DIMM and see if that resolves it (if it does, switch to each of the other DIMMs one at a time and determine which is bad)...

Hope this helps,

...S

nnadj
Beginner

I make a video for my problem https://youtu.be/4NpEafSIWm0 Extreme board DZ77GA-70k problem - YouTube

nnadj
Beginner

Pls any one help !

n_scott_pearson

Did you try testing with alternate memory or testing with (only) a single DIMM installed as I suggested? Don't scream for help if you won't follow the guidance provided...

nnadj
Beginner

yes i tested it with alternate memory but nothing happening

idata
Community Manager

Hi Cr4zYn0u,

Have you tested your PC using motherboard, cpu and 1 piece of memory DDR3 1333/1600MHz at 1.5v without the external graphics card

Mike C
nnadj
Beginner

Yes i have i removed all hardware but nothing happened

idata
Community Manager

Hi Cr4zYn0u,

You already performed all the basic troubleshooting without any succeed. I recommend you the replacement of the board. Intel provides with 3 years of warranty since the date of purchase.

Contact our support through phone, chat or email.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Mike C