Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jande21
Beginner

how to add an outdated driver to my old laptop

HI, I am new here and really am an amature at computer problems Thanks in advance for any help. I have an older windows laptop with win 10 install. when I did the "millennial?' update some months back I could nolonget connect to the internet I get this message "intel wireless wifi link 3945abg driver experiencing driver or hardware problem. My question is where and how can I download this driver onto blank disk with this working machine and then load it into my older laptop. Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I deleted your posting to the other conversation. We do not like the hijacking of conversations; always start a new conversation for a new/separate issue.

It is not uncommon for folks upgrading to the latest major Windows 10 Updates (both 1709 and 1803) to have problems with Bluetooth and Wireless. I am unsure what the cause is, but I do know that the solution is to uninstall the existing Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages and then reinstall the latest available versions found in the Intel Download Center. As for which files to download and transfer, I am at a loss; I can find no record of this wifi solution that you mention. Are you sure that you have the number correct?

...S

jande21
Beginner

Hi sorry I wasn't doing it on purpose. You are right I had the number wrong it should be intel wireless wifi link 3945ABG driver. Thanks Joe

n_scott_pearson

I am getting no hits for that name either.

n_scott_pearson

Oops, I spoke too soon; I found some information on this product. It is a solution that Intel has discontinued. There are no drivers available (that's why I got no hits originally).

Consult https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006507/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki... Customer Support Options for Discontinued Intel® Wireless Products for more information (not that there is much available).

You should check with your laptop manufacturer to find out whether there are alternative cards that you could use in place of this older one...

...S

jande21
Beginner