Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AShep4
Beginner

i7-4930K and DX79SI not compatible, is it real?

i7-4930K the processor is LGA2011 but I don't see it in the "Compatible Intel Processors" of my DX79SI so it means that my board not compatible with this processor? But how can that be? Asus, Gigabyte, MSI and other vendors are compatible with this processor... please give an answer., I

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Adrian, for additional information on why this system combination is not supported, please check the following thread.

/message/217618# 217618 https://communities.intel.com/message/217618# 217618

AShep4
Beginner

Maybe Intel will make BIOS that will support all LGA2011 processors one day? Sylvia maybe you know something about that? Because all other vendors already support all LGA2011 processors.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Adrian, we haven't received any information about that.

lZamb
Beginner

Had similar problems with 4930k, my windows seven could not find devices to install even adding the right driver during windows install, had to change back to a 3930k and the problem was solved, this fourth series of intel comes with something that causes absence of functionality of the marvel and c600ahci drivers, and this kinda depreciates the trust i had previouslly on intel, been working with it for like 15 years now, and was a 100% pro intel chips, but intel managed to nerf that on this new series. Please go back to what it was till 3rd gen !