Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.
Here you can have some questions that we can answer to troubleshoot this.
1. Are you able to access the BIOS?
2. If that is correct, please check the BIOS version installed in your board.
3. If you are not being able to update the BIOS version, please perform a recovery to the current version and then update to the next version until you reach the desired version.
4. If you are having issues after performing a BIOS update, please perform a recovery to the last version that was installed in your system.
5. In the case were the last version is unknown, you can try with a recovery to the version you attempted to update.
6. Are you having a different issue? Please provide me with a little more detailed explanation of what you are facing so we can continue with the support on this.
Here you can find the instructions on the BIOS recovery: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005630.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005630.html
I look forward to hearing from you.
sir i can't access my system i assign password for admin
how can i recover my old bios version
still my problem is not solved why this board design is very typical for users
we are facing lot of problem nobody provide solution
first you tell how to bypass the password
otherwise i can't recovery old bios
please provide solution quickly
Follow the instruction here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005690.html Clearing BIOS Passwords on Desktop Boards.