Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArturTren
Beginner

intel dp965lt

Hi

intel dp965lt + intel e8400

when loading, it displays the following message (photo), after 3 clicks on the input, it loads and works normally. The processor is not officially supported. Could this error be processor related? If you put Intel core 2 duo 6400 (it is supported) will the error go away?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should use only supported processors:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006065/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards.ht...

But, no, the MEI error will not simply go away.   You might be able to fix that by doing a bios recovery to the latest bios.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

ArturTren
Beginner

I called the guy who sold me this motherboard. It turns out that he was flashed in the service center with a BIOS programmer (version
1699) to support the e8400. Before that, there were no problems with the message. I cannot update the BIOS through Windows. If I change the processor to another, will I need a programmer?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

There is no support for the E8400. There is nothing that this guy could do to add support for it. Using a programmer is not a supported way to update the BIOS once the board has been shipped by Intel. All this guy could do is duplicate the flash of another DP965LT board, but that doesn't add support for any additional processors.

This whole situation spells bad to me. This guy is likely lying to you. I would return the board and processor and get your money back.

...S

ArturTren
Beginner

you do not understand, the motherboard ALREADY supports the e8400 processor and works fine with it.The only problem is that the computer cannot be rebooted remotely, you need a keyboard to press enter. This is the problem I want to solve.

AlHill
Super User

No, the E8400 is not a supported processor.  That it may work sometimes is not an indicator that it is supported or works.

Now, your board is discontinue and not supported, and your processor is discontinued and not supported,  and the processor is not supported on that board.

You need to move on to a new(er) system that is supported.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)