Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlali
Novice

intel dz77ga 70k led code 09

intel dz77ga 70k led code 09 cant find any infore what that is tryed to rise the volt on cpu for my ram emp to 1600 fsb hit f 10 saved rebooted now no video i took the batt out reset bios jumpers the back bios button nothing worked to get video back i unplug everything no luck any ideas let it set over nite unpluged still same

10 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Please use complete sentences and explain what you are did and what you are seeing.

tlali
Novice

was trying over clock the cpu went to 1.85 volt then saved with f10 rebooted seen post screen then lost video change the jumpers on bios no luck then tryed back i/o button to force to bios no luck still no video took out onboard batt for 2 hours no luck the led debug on board read's 09 as soon ass i turn system on get 09 i cant find any infore on code 09

i7-3370

n_scott_pearson

No! Use complete and concise sentences. This isn't a text message to your buddy. Use complete and full sentences and explain what you did and what you see.

n_scott_pearson

For the moment, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and explain. Without sitting in front of your PC, we can rely on only what you tell us. I have seen many situations where a significant amount of time has been spent diagnosing a problem - only to find that it was a complete waste of time because there was something that wasn't mentioned that should have been right up front. If you want help, you will take the time to provide us with the information that we require - and in a form that is unambiguous. If you aren't interested in taking the time to do so, I guess you don't want our help.

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello wirelessg4011,

In regard to the error codes on Intel Desktop Board DZ77GA-70K you could refer to https://downloadmirror.intel.com/20956/eng/DZ77GA-70K_TechProdSpec04.pdf https://downloadmirror.intel.com/20956/eng/DZ77GA-70K_TechProdSpec04.pdf page 84 and Board Status LEDs on page 47

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

tlali
Novice

cant get simple answer in this place dont think anybody knows what led is lol its not color's it's numbers and letter's page 47 and 84 useless all i want to know what code 09 means so to make it easyer for people going do pictures like when you was a kid some people had pop up book im going do that so people understand what led debug looks like see picture little green numbers 26 lol mine dont say 26 it say 09 what is 09 ??????? code

tlali
Novice

what is 09??????

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello wirelessg4011,

The "09" is referenced on page 84 as "SPI prefetching and caching"

The board uses an Intel BIOS that is stored in the Serial Peripheral Interface Flash Memory (SPI Flash) and can be updated using a disk-based program. The SPI Flash contains the BIOS Setup program, POST, the PCI auto-configuration utility, LAN EEPROM information, and Plug and Play support.

Please provide the information requested by N.Scott.Pearson and we will gladly assist you with your issue otherwise we will not be able to find the root of the issue.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

tlali
Novice

none of this helps me im not a engineer i need layman terms have no clue what "SPI prefetching and caching is and what it dose and dont know how to fix it you would think intel would put bios failsafe on there 200 dollar boards but they have no clue how make boards amd boards will reset it self to default setting's in the bios not intel thats to hard no way in hell this board is extreme cant even handle simple overclock with out bricking should be class action lawsuit on intel boards all bad unstable bios this be last time i ever own intel board going back to amd

n_scott_pearson

You've never provided enough information for us to help you properly, but I will take a stab. This has nothing to do with BIOS stability. If you are failing at POST code 09, your hardware is damaged. My guess? Your attempt at overclocking went way too far and you fried something in the process. Look in the mirror and you will see who to blame.