Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCerv5
Beginner

issue with DP55KG board and GTX1660 (A5 / Eb error)

Hello All, i´ve got DP55KG board and all time I used geforce graphics cards (gtx 560, gtx 760) everytime without problems. But right now i bought gtx 1660 - and bios is frozen on first page (in right corner is "A5" noticed) - and there is "Eb" (or E6) error visible on "motherboard´s digital display" (POST codes). Do you have any advice for me please?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You are using a 2019 video card in a 2009 motherboard. The motherboard knows nothing about PCIe 3.0. Your video card, if you get it working, will be working in a degraded mode.

Ok, are you booting UEFI or Legacy? EB is "calling video bios" (Calling Legacy Option ROMs) and your card may not be providing legacy support.

Personally, with such a nice new video card, I would want to maximize the performance. What I am saying is "get a new motherboard".

Doc

MCerv5
Beginner

oh..thank you for your quick answer ... you know ... i though - if i used gtx760 (Q2 2013) - upgrade to gtx1660 would be possible :-) .

Probably gtx760 looks like "last possibility of upgrade". You advice me - "get a new motherboard" ... and you have any advice for me? (because i have intel I7 860 (2,80GHz) and I´m very succesful with it :-)

AlHill
Super User

The i7-860 is also from 2009. Your board and processor are not supported on Windows 10, if that is your OS.

The reality is your board and processor (and probably your memory and disks) are a decade old. Yes, the 1660 is a very nice card, but you are not able to take advantage of your other components.

Also, are you booting UEFI or Legacy?

Doc

MCerv5
Beginner

Hello, I used to boot UEFI … Also i have win10 from their beginning + and SSD disk = all work very well I did want to upgrade graphics only. As you wrote .. i´m going to find some new MB+CPU J Btw – thank you very much for you support Marek
AlHill
Super User

Ok, but are you booting UEFI now (when you get the Eb error)?

Doc

MCerv5
Beginner

Oh .. sorry – i checked bios (with old graphics card) and there was UEFI boot – unable (only) Right now – i´m not booting at all … because it frozen on first page of boot