cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zakuli
Beginner

looking for the documentation of an old motherboard

Hello,
I am looking for the documentation of an old Intel motherboard with the following numbers: PBA 620028-202 or AA 634662-203 or Kalex 94V-0 K658.
Can you give me a link?
Thank you

0 Kudos
22 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I am unable to find your AA number.  Can you verify the AA number, or provide a photo of the label and labels around the AA number?

zakuli
Beginner

Good evening,
Thank you for your quick reply.
you will find attached two photos of the motherboard: the first shows the entire motherboard, the second, the edge of the card where the numbers are written.
cordially
Zakuli

AlHill
Super User

Well, you got me on this one.  4 ISA and 3 PCI slots puts it in the ancient category.  There is one other guy here that might recognize this relic.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

OMG! That looks like the Ninja board. This was one of the first PC mobos (if not THE first) that I was involved with at Intel (ca Q4'1993/Q1'1994, though ancillary, since I was still doing iRMX III work then). If I remember correctly, the name for this board was the Intel Classic/PCI Expandable Desktop or something like that. That's Socket 3, so 486SX, 486SX2, 486DX, 486DX2, 486DX4 or Pentium Overdrive processors. The board had the Aries (420EX) chipset (S82425EX, S82426EX components), discrete SRAM L2 cache and SIM memory.

As for documentation, I was unable to find any on the Intel site. There are a few breadcrumbs that I hit in an Internet search, but not that got me to an actual document. I will check with some of the Intel folks tomorrow and see if they have any ideas...

...S

AlHill
Super User

zakuli
Beginner

Hello AlHill

Thank you very much for your anser.

It's the good one

Cordially

Zakuli

AlHill
Super User

If you hook it up and power on, I would love to see the a photo of the bios screen.

zakuli
Beginner

Yes of course i'll try, but I'll have to find everything I need to put around to make it work !

AlHill
Super User

Just take it slow and easy.  What are your plans for a video card?

zakuli
Beginner

Oh, no problem I just found an ISA graphics card.
I need to find some RAM now

zakuli
Beginner

Now I have an isa graphics card, two ram memory of 4mb each, but still no card rebirth, sorry !
cordially
Zakuli

AlHill
Super User

Oh well, you tried.  Still good to keep as a collector item.

Rostyslav
Beginner

Hi AlHill,

I have same motherboard and can show BIOS screenshots. Sorry for quality, but it is real retro - even CRT monitor

I have some problem with this motherboard, serial port (COM1 and COM2) does't recognize mouse. Maybe there some secret, like special drivers or some like this?

AlHill
Super User

I am unable to identify your motherboard from the information provided.

Rostyslav
Beginner

MB is same as discussed in this thread - PBA 620028-202
All same as in Zakuli case

AlHill
Super User

What kind of mouse are you trying to use?  Have you tried using one of the old 3.5 or 5.25 mouse diskettes?

There is not much support that can be offered on a 30-year old product.

Rostyslav
Beginner

I have original Microsoft Serial Mouse 2.0A and this mouse work without any problem with the other my retro-computers. And let me note - with 100% same software configuratin, because I use for booting same 3,5 diskette.

I think there is hardware prblem. Maybe you can adwise me what to check on the mtherboard? Some SMD compnets, signals on the some lines or like this? I understand that it is some crazy to ask for support for so old hardware, but maybe some general recomendation regarding serial port faults?

AlHill
Super User

Sorry, the diskette was my only guess.

Rostyslav
Beginner

So... i'll try to install extra IO card with serial ports. I already have ordered 8bit isa card and 16 bit isa cards for this goal. Crazy hobby for big boys