cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

looking for the documentation of an old motherboard

Hello,
I am looking for the documentation of an old Intel motherboard with the following numbers: PBA 620028-202 or AA 634662-203 or Kalex 94V-0 K658.
Can you give me a link?
Thank you

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

I am unable to find your AA number.  Can you verify the AA number, or provide a photo of the label and labels around the AA number?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Good evening,
Thank you for your quick reply.
you will find attached two photos of the motherboard: the first shows the entire motherboard, the second, the edge of the card where the numbers are written.
cordially
Zakuli

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Well, you got me on this one.  4 ISA and 3 PCI slots puts it in the ancient category.  There is one other guy here that might recognize this relic.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

OMG! That looks like the Ninja board. This was one of the first PC mobos (if not THE first) that I was involved with at Intel (ca Q4'1993/Q1'1994, though ancillary, since I was still doing iRMX III work then). If I remember correctly, the name for this board was the Intel Classic/PCI Expandable Desktop or something like that. That's Socket 3, so 486SX, 486SX2, 486DX, 486DX2, 486DX4 or Pentium Overdrive processors. The board had the Aries (420EX) chipset (S82425EX, S82426EX components), discrete SRAM L2 cache and SIM memory.

As for documentation, I was unable to find any on the Intel site. There are a few breadcrumbs that I hit in an Internet search, but not that got me to an actual document. I will check with some of the Intel folks tomorrow and see if they have any ideas...

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

I think I found it:

https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/I/INTEL-CORPORATION-486-CLASSIC-PCI-EXPANDABLE-DESKT.html

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

And this:

https://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/Archive/Intel/Classic-PCI-ED_4317.pdf

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello AlHill

Thank you very much for your anser.

It's the good one

Cordially

Zakuli

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

If you hook it up and power on, I would love to see the a photo of the bios screen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Yes of course i'll try, but I'll have to find everything I need to put around to make it work !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Just take it slow and easy.  What are your plans for a video card?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Oh, no problem I just found an ISA graphics card.
I need to find some RAM now

0 Kudos