cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nott
Beginner

motherboard dg35ec, fans are always at idle

Jump to solution

All of the fans on my case are always running idle even when cooling policy is active, im worried about it overheating,it already gets up to 70 degrees. does anybody have any ideas on what I could do, I have already tried bios update

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The fans will be sped up when additional cooling is actually needed. At 70°C, the processor is happy and does not need additional cooling. In fact, the processor could be at this temperature all the time and it would still be happy. The Tcontrol temperature for this processor is somewhere in the vicinity of 80°C. So long as the temperature is not going above this level for any significant amount of time, you do not need to worry at all.

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The fans will be sped up when additional cooling is actually needed. At 70°C, the processor is happy and does not need additional cooling. In fact, the processor could be at this temperature all the time and it would still be happy. The Tcontrol temperature for this processor is somewhere in the vicinity of 80°C. So long as the temperature is not going above this level for any significant amount of time, you do not need to worry at all.

...S

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Hello, All:

otter5000, please refer to the previous post, N.Scott.Pearson provided you with the correct answer.

Regards,

Amy.