jalle5
Novice

motherboard dp43tf and win 10

hello, has there been any issues with board dp43tf and upgrading to win 10

0 Kudos
14 Replies
jalle5
Novice

maybe i should explain, when running the microsoft tool it says my system is ready for win 10 but when i called intel phone support they said chipset p43 does not support win 10 so was wondering if anyone else with this board has any trouble upgrading to win 10.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This is correct; Intel does not support Windows 10 drivers for processors and chipsets this old. That said, the generic drivers from Microsoft should work, but they likely will not yield optimal performance...

idata
Community Manager

Hello, johnman58j:

That is correct, your motherboard does not support Windows® 10, see here for more information http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005640.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Desktop Boards.

Regards,

Amy.

rsonk
New Contributor I

To install INTEL DP43TF Drivers on Windows 10 (32bit|64 bit), it is pretty simple. You will just need to search the right drivers by typing the right name on the searching box. After that, you will notice that there are some results. Click thhttp://goo.gl/HBR5JL e driver software name. And download, install it. Look, your drivers are ready.

1.Download INTEL Drivers Update Utility.

2.Install it. Add it to any directory you want.

3.Run INTEL Drivers Update Utility.

4.Click Scan. This is the first step you should do to find the needed software.

5.The result has been shown. And you need to click "Download" on the right nameDP43TF Driver.

6.After finishing the download, you just need to click "Install". Next, next, and next. At the end of the installation, you are obligated to restart your PC.

7.Look, your PC is updated with DP43TF Driver.

n_scott_pearson

I will presume that richardsonkane75 is referring to a search on the Intel Download Center. You will not find any Windows 10 drivers on the search results page for the DP43TF board. In addition, the Intel Drivers Update Utility will not provide any Windows 10 drivers for this board (it's simply too old).

johnman58j, your options at this point are to (a) stick with just the compatibility drivers that come with Windows 10, or (b) scour the Intel Download Center for those compatible Windows 10 drivers that support your board. Some of the standard (LAN, Chipset, etc.) driver packages might still support your board, though there are no guarantees...

(Sorry),

...S

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

I searched for DP43TF, DH67BL, DZ77SL-50K, and DZ87KLT-75K at Intel Downloads and found nothing for W-10 (and nothing for 8/8.1 for DP43TF).

idata
Community Manager

Hello, All:

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Regards,

Amy.

jalle5
Novice

thanks for all the info, i have decided to stick with win 7 for now. i'm about due to update my motherboard and cpu so i'll probably go to win 10 then, thanks again.

idata
Community Manager

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

jalle5
Novice

thanks amy, when i do upgrade i'm sure i will be staying with an intel board and cpu so i will most likely return to this forum for suggestions on which board to get ,, thanks to everyone again.

idata
Community Manager

Sure, you're welcome.

Regards,

Amy.

jalle5
Novice

well, just for the weck of it i went on newegg to look at intel motherboards and couldn't find any. then i found an article saying that between 2013 and 2016 intel was phasing out their motherboards, so i guess i'll need to know which brand [asus,msi,asrock,ect ] is the most reliable.thanks

n_scott_pearson

My personal ranking for the manufacturers is (1) Asus, (2) Gigabyte/MSI and (3) Others (including Asrock). I perceive Gigabyte and MSI to be about equal in quality, hence why I ranked them together. They are not that far behind Asus. In fact, in recent builds for my kids, I used a Gigabyte board for one and an MSI board for the other. Why? Price (they were on sale)...

...S

P.S. I do not work for Intel (well, not any more; I am retired) and my opinions are my own. If manufacturers would like to send me boards, I will try them out and perhaps adjust my opinions...

idata
Community Manager

N.Scott.Pearson, thank you for sharing your opinion, let's hope that it could help johnman58j on making that choice.

Regards,

Amy.