Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AOrtu1
Beginner

motherboard ram issues

Kind regards, I have an Intel Intel dh55hc motherboard and 2 Ram memory modules of 4Gb each, DIMM 1 has been damaged and since then I have been able to use a memory in DIMM 2 of Channel A, when trying to place the other memory the board starts In an infinite restart loop, even though I combined the memory to another DIMM, it does not come out of the loop and when removing it and using only one memory, the PC works normally again, please I need help to solve this problem that I do not understand.

I have two Corsair XSM3 CMX4GX3M1A1333C9 memory modules

1333MHz 9-9-9-24 1.50V

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

First of all, since you didn't say, for best performance and noise isolation, you should be using Channel A DIMM 0 and Channel B DIMM 0. If Channel A DIMM 0 is broken and you are using Channel A DIMM 1 instead, then your second DIMM must be inserted into Channel B DIMM 1.

Now, for this board, the DIMMs must be unbuffered, non-ECC, single- or double-sided with a x8 organization. Further, this board can only support 1GB, 2GB or 4GB DIMMs that utilize 1Gb or 2Gb memory technology. I was unable to find a reference that indicated whether these Corsair DIMMs utilize a x8 (versus x16) organization and 1Gb or 2Gb (versus 4Gb) memory technology. I was able, however, to find a reference on the Corsair site that indicated compatibility with only the Intel Z68, Z77, Z87 and X79 chipsets; nowhere did it indicate compatibility with the older H55 chipset.

...S

AOrtu1
Beginner

thanks for the quick response, but I really did not understand you, the DIMMs I am putting in channel A DIMM 1 but by putting it in channel B DIMM 1 (both blue) the PC starts LOOPING.

AOrtu1
Beginner

before Channel A DIMM 0 was damaged the motherboard worked correctly with both RAMs

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

There may be nothing you can do. You've damaged the board (and perhaps the processor) and recovery is unlikely. This board (and perhaps processor too) are 11 years old. If you want to run on one DIMM, feel free to do so. Otherwise, well, recycle properly.

...S