I have in my possession a PC with the motherboard INTEL DH55HC No. BTHC3600HC AA E70933 - 505.
The operating system (Windows, DOS) is getting stuck when starting the computer. I tried with various hard disks, as well as booting from a flash drive through USB and from a CD.
I also tried switching the RAM cards. I have disconnected all IO, and still did not manage to boot.
A technician took a look and said that the motherboard is probably faulty. Is that possible? Is there a way to verify that the motherboard is indeed the problem here?
Thanks for your help
Did this board ever work?
What processor do you have?
Have you changed memory? What is your memory configuration?
Are you serious about DOS? What version of Windows?
What BIOS do you have?
Provide more detail about what it is you are doing? Answer all my questions.
- Yes, the motherboard worked fine previously
- INTEL CORE I5 3.33GHZ
- The current RAM is KINGSTON KVR13N9S8/4 4GB PC3. I am unsure whether we have used a different type previously.
- I have tried installing DOS. Currently I am trying Windows 10.
- BIOS VERSION TCIBX10H.86A.0048.2011.1206.1342
- I am trying to make the computer operational. I have tried the following:
- When starting the computer all OS versions get stuck.
- I tried several different hard drives.
- A DOS based system stop responding after startup.
- Windows XP could not finish the startup process and restarts.
- Windows 10 presents a message "preparing automatic repair" and restar.
best regards, Leo Shani