Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11360 Discussions

overclocking DX79TO

idata
Community Manager

hi ,

i'm totally new with intel motherboards ,

would you please help me configuring my motherboard settings ?

i'm using 3930k , stock turbo boost is 3.5GHz if i'm not wrong ,

how can increase Turboboost from 3.5GHz to just 3.7Ghz

i don't want to overclock +4Ghz , just 100-200Mhz is enough . and i don't even want to overclock my Memory just cpu if it's ok !

each time i'm trying to overclock after 1 reboot it's gonna stock on Windows Logo ,

this is my current setting on CPU ovveride page :

Here are my other System Parts if it's necessary to know ,

Antec Kuhler H2O 920 with extra fan Liquid Cooling System ( currently Idle temoerture is about 35C and Full load About 57C

Cooler Master PSU Silent Pro Gold 700 Watt

4x2gb Corsair XMS3 1600CL9 1.65v ( but on bios it automaticly detects it as 1333 and 1.5V) on blue DIMMs

4x2gb Corsair Dominator 1600CL9 ( this one too 1333 and 1.5V , and even on Cpu-z on SPD Dimms it's just shows one of my Domminator Memories but windows and bios detects Total 16Gb of RAM ) on black Dimms

thanks ,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello mehrad,

We would like to inform you that the assistance we offer for overclocking is limited because it will shorten the life of your product, void the warranty of your processor and cause unreliable behavior. You can check our videos post on "youtube.com" or other internet resources for further research on this specific topic. Thank you for your understanding.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

intel support really sucks .

idata
Community Manager

Hi. did u manage to overclock your set? I also had this issue - but changed some memory settings and managed to overclock DX79TO / mailto:3820@4,6GHz 3820@4,6GHz .. and it was stable

idata
Community Manager

Hello mehrad,

We would like to inform you that the assistance we offer for overclocking is limited because it will shorten the life of your product, void the warranty of your processor and cause unreliable behavior. You can check our videos post on "youtube.com" or other internet resources for further research on this specific topic. Thank you for your understanding.

View solution in original post