Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TGils
Beginner

power spikes intel hd 4600

I'm using Intel XTU and when i look at the graph, i see power spikes in the voltage of the graphics card.. what is this and what should i do about it??

the blue spikes are the graphics voltage - it goes from 0.0 to 0.9volts just randomly and right back down to 0.0. you can see here pictured below. .its the spikes.. I'm not playing games or anything during this..(the blue big spikes)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Awayblabs22, thanks a lot for posting your question at Intel communities.

I'm going to search a little bit more on on these power spikes, but in the mean time would you please let me have the model number of your processor, along with the graphics driver version installed on your system?

TGils
Beginner

Hi,

is this all the info your looking for?

TGils
Beginner

and right now even as I post this i'm still getting them.. i'm only downloading with firefox right now .. I am also on "balanced Power" settings in energy managment and power settings in windows..

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information Awayblabs22. I'm going to search on this.

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Awayblabs22

This is an Intel Desktop Boards utility. I think you will get better information from the DT Boards Community. I am also looking for information on the utility and it's reporting and will get back to you if I find anything.

Thanks

Robert