Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

"FW status recovery error" on DQ77MK when trying to access MEBX

I've bought DQ77MK motherboard for use as a lightweight server and I was hoping to use the KVM features to access it. However I cannot configure them because whenever I try to access MEBX by pressing Ctrl-P at bootup I just get the error message in subject. The error seems to be quite rare, as I could not turn up any search results.

I have tried:

• upgrading the BIOS to newest version
  • using the MEBX reset jumper on the motherboard (this caused "CMOS battery failure" message, but did not help)

"Intel Management and Security Status"-utility just shows "Information unavailable" for most status lines.

Any ideas what I could still try?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello villek,

I understand that you are not able to get in to the AMT option during POST.

I have tested this and I was able to get in to the menu by tabbing both the cotrl+P keys at the same time during POST.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

PV 

idata
Community Manager

Hello,

looks like my original message is rather unclear. I do hit Ctrl-P repeatedly during POST, but instead of the AMT configuration menu I just get a message saying "FW Status Recovery Error". After a second, or so, the boot continues to Windows. I also tried without the HDD, but got the same message.

So the question is, do I need to do something else to enable AMT or is there something wrong with the board?

idata
Community Manager

Hi villek,

Did you manage to solve your issue? I unfortunately run into the same problem.

idata
Community Manager

Just an update: a BIOS upgrade fixed this issue for me, on a Kontron KTQ67 motherboard. Note that an upgrade will delete all previous configuration and passwords.