Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sokin
Beginner

ram upgrade in a Toshiba laptop with Intel HM55 (IbexPeak-M DH) chipset

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

I'm looking for a 4gb upgrade for an old laptop, a Toshiba satellite c645, part number PSC02U-00LLM1 number get by toshiba info tool.

Hwinfo64 says that the laptop have a HM55 chipset, and looking this thread

I saw that the chipset only supports memories with 256kb memory banks, but. When I put the system on kingston webpage, to fing the optimized ram for that system, it put this ram:

https://www.kingston.com/latam/memory/search?DeviceType=3&Mfr=TOS&Line=Satellite&Model=73532 Búsqueda de memoria

kingston

KCP316SS8/4

But... ¡that ram have banks of 512KB!

So, finally what is the true information? I need this, because I bought a wrong ram that didn't work on the laptop (kingston

KCP3L16SS8/4

) and I don't want do the same mistake again.

Or a corsair similar ram that works... In corsair webpage I can't find my system.

thanks guys.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This is dependent upon the design of the system and the support provided within the system's BIOS (firmware). The only folks who are going to be able to answer this for you are the support team at Toshiba. Please repost your questions on their support site.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This is dependent upon the design of the system and the support provided within the system's BIOS (firmware). The only folks who are going to be able to answer this for you are the support team at Toshiba. Please repost your questions on their support site.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post