Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

seeking I-Flash or Intel Express BIOS update Intel DZ68DB

I-Flash or Intel Express BIOS update Intel DZ68DB

Hello peers, I am in search of:

I know that support and downloads officially have been taken down, but I was able to get an updated bios forum. I appreciate the help

Currently on bios 0014 looking to update to 0048 which I have. Bios asks to update BIOS using iflash or intel express update

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

If you have the .bio, that is all you need (with a fat 32 formatted usb stick).

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

This is bios 0014 and doesnt permit F7 Bios update from what I understand.

Highlighted
Novice

The computer says BIOS 0014 does not permit the F7 BIOS update to proceed

Please update BIOS using IFLASH or Intel (R) Express BIOS update

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-022312.htm

Cache intel website shows the iflash or intel express bios update file name might be DBZ6810H.86.0048.BI.ZIP 

thanks in advance

Highlighted
Super User

What is the full name of the bios file you have?

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

The one current is - DBZ6810H.86A.0014.2011.0413.1049

trying to update to- DBZ6810H.86A.2018.0048.1024.1605

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hey there guys, I'm having this exact same problem. I can't update the bios using any method (from version 14 to 40), but I didn't find any other versions on whole Internet besides the versions 40, 47 and 48. Does someone have these files? I bought an RX580 and it doesn't give out output (and it seems my BIOS version is the very first one LOL). Please, anyone?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Yes, those are the revision numbers, not the file names.

Look, do not over-complicate this. The file you need to get to 0048 is in this thread. Put it on a fat 32 formatted usb stick, and use that to update your bios.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004WeXdpSAF/bios-040-for-motherboard-intel-dz68db?languag...

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

@MFern42​ , same answer as above. You do not need iflash or express bios. Also, do not get your hopes up regarding the RX580 working on this board.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thanks Al I believe we have just done exactly that. We have placed it to a usb drive and pressed f7 during the bios stage

This is what is says once we do, this pops up word for word

BIOS 0014 does not permit the F7 BIOS update to proceed

Please update BIOS using IFLASH or Intel (R) Express BIOS update

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-022312.htm

Aborted!

We are using the file from the link you gave, but we get that message above..

Highlighted
Novice

Exactly, if we had a previous BIOS version... Prior to the version "40"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Use the detailed recovery process here:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004VhEOFSA3/how-to-upgrade-dz75ml45k-bios-from-0006-to-00...

Doc

Highlighted
Novice

the instructions are clear enough. We can't find the BIOS update files we need, that's it. Doesn't anybody have it?

Man, I swear I'll never buy Intel gear again in my life.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

You waited eight years to update your bios, after the board was discontinued and no longer supported.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

BIOS aren't supposed to be updated, unless you have a serious problem. And where I live we aren't so rich so we can buy new motherboards, CPUs and RAM every year.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

There are changes to the bios which have little impact on the majority of board owners. There are also changes that are important and need to be applied (i.e. for performance and security issues). And, the bios files are provided for all owners to download and install.

Intel stopped making desktop boards six years ago. And, the announcement regarding the availability of drivers and bios files was posted several months ago in the desktop boards forum.

Your board has processor graphics, so you can save the expense of the RX580.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

All,

I have attached the .BIO file for DB BIOS 48. To install it, use the BIOS Recovery process defined here: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004VhEOFSA3/how-to-upgrade-dz75ml45k-bios-from-0006-to-00....

Hope this helps,

...S

Highlighted
Novice

PROBLEM SOLVED

I was able to locate DB0032P.BIO online and once I ran it, I was able to install bios0049 (which is also in this forum and a link is provided to it in this thread)

Highlighted
Novice

THANK YOU A MILLION BILLION TIMES MAN, GOD BLESS YOU.

Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

If your BIOS is this old, attempting to updateit using iFlash or EBU is actually not going to work either. You *MUST* update using the BIOS Recovery process.

For information on the BIOS Update process, consult Intel Desktop Boards BIOS Update Instructions and, for this case, Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions.

To help you better, here are my step-by-step instructions for BIOS Recovery:

1. NOTE: Read these instructions completely before starting. Follow all instructions EXACTLY.
  2. On some other Windows-based PC, make sure that you have the .BIO file for the BIOS release you wish to install.
  3. Insert a 32GB or smaller USB 2.0 flash drive into the PC. Do not use USB 3.0 flash drives.
  4. Format this USB flash drive using the Windows Format applet. Select to install the FAT32 file system (NOT vFAT, NOT exFAT; FAT32 only). You must also specify that the Quick Format option be Disabled (unchecked).
  5. NOTE: If FAT32 is not offered as a choice by the Format applet, your USB flash drive is too big; use another.
  6. Copy the .BIO file into the root folder of this USB flash drive. This should be the only .BIO file in the root folder of the USB flash drive.
  7. Properly eject the USB flash drive. Do not just yank it out. Do this from File Explorer or using the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media System Tray applet.
  8. Power off the Desktop Board system.
  9. Remove the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper from the board. It will be the only yellow jumper; the rest will usually be black.
  10. NOTE: Remember the pins that this jumper was plugged into; you will need this information later.
  11. Plug the USB flash drive into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the board. Do not use blue or yellow USB 3.0 port. Do not use any front panel USB ports.
  12. Power on the system.
  13. The BIOS Recovery process should start automatically. You should see a progress report on your main monitor.
  14. NOTE: If you do not see a progress report displayed on a monitor, do not power off the system for at least 15 minutes. While it is rare, it is possible for the process to proceed without an onscreen display; you must give it ample time to complete, just in case.
  15. When the BIOS Recovery process is complete, you will be asked to power off the system. Do so.
  16. Restore the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper to the pins it was on previously. This should be across pins 1 and 2 of this (three pin) header.
  17. Remove the USB flash drive from the back panel of the board.
  18. Power on the board.
  19. Immediately begin pressing the F2 key, over and over (approx. once per second) until you see the BIOS Setup (or Visual BIOS) screen displayed.
  20. Verify, using the BIOS version string, that the BIOS installed properly. Stop if it isn't.
  21. Press the F9 key (followed by the Y key) to reset of the BIOS configuration.
  22. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  23. Once screen is cleared (goes black), begin pressing the F2 key, over and over, until you see the BIOS Setup screen displayed.
  24. Make any changes to the BIOS configuration that you desire (for example, disabling NUMLOCK) or that you require (for example, setting Boot Order, enabling UEFI, etc.).
  25. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  26. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos