cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balex6
Novice

starting problem intel dh55tc and i3 540 processor

my computer does not on.

but inside mother board(dh55tc) shows a green light.

but computer not on.

anyone suggest reason, if smps or motherboard or switch complint. plz

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi bibin,

I am sorry you are having this problems but let me do my best to help you.

There are some troubleshooting steps I would like you to do. Try the following:

1. Disconnect all components from the motherboard (audio cards, video cards, power supply, etc…) for about 20-30 minutes and then reconnect all components.
  2. If possible test the board in a non-conducted surfaces such s glass or wood to discard grounding issues.

Besides this, when you press the power button, do you see fan activity? Can you try a different power supply?

balex6
Novice

no fan activity when pressing power button

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

IF you are getting a green light means that the motherboard is getting power from the power supply.

We can also try to power the board manually (without power button) but I recommend you doing this if you know about the configuration. Here are the steps:

1. Disconnect the Front Panel Cable from the board
  2. With a coin you can touch pins 6 & 8 from the Front Panel header and this will turn the motherboard on.

See image of front panel connector:

In case you do not feel good doing these steps, I recommend you contacting a technician or a friend of you that may have knowledge of the motherboard hardware.

balex6
Novice

Thanks

but its problem

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi bibin,

If you have done all the steps mentioned before, tested other power supply and hardware components my best recommendation is to contact your Intel® local support so they can help you with some other steps or replacement if necessary however, keep in mind this unit is a mature product.

balex6
Novice

i have replaced my board. its board compliant. thanks

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

You are welcome!