Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VVasa3
Beginner

when Beep sound comes hard disk disappers

I have dh61ww motherboard. Few days ago i added a 1 tb internal hard disk to my mother board which has already a 500 gb hard disk. (1tb-2 partitions, 500gb- 5 partitions) I changed the os to 1 tb hard disk from 500 gb hard disk. when i open a partitions on 500gb hard disk, some beep sounds come from the mother board suddenly the 5 partitions of the hard disk disappears. But when i disconnected the 500 gb hd from motherboard, the beep sound does not come i don't know what to do. I stored some important files on that hd. so kindly please help me to find out the problem whether it is related to hard disk or motherboard.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Does the OS image remain on the 500GB drive? If so, I would attempt to boot from it and see what happens. You can attempt this using the F10 menu at power on (or reset)...

VVasa3
Beginner

No, i changed the os to 1tb drive. When i open any file on the 500 gb drive , suddenly the partitions disappears. By the way thanks foe the reply☺

n_scott_pearson

If you disconnect the 500GB drive completely (while powered off!), does the system (then) boot and run without issue?

When you reconnect the 500GB drive, make sure it is in a higher numbered SATA connector (i.e. put the 1TB drive on SATA0 and the 500GB drive on SATA1).

Once you have booted back into Windows, click on Start, then Run and enter command DiskMgmt.msc. Once the Disk Management application opens, capture a picture of the partition display for the two drives and post it here.

...S

n_scott_pearson

Oh, you should also install an application that displays the S.M.A.R.T. status of the hard drives and see if this 500GB drive is predicting its doom...

idata
Community Manager

Hello, Vishnu.Vasanth:

I just wanted check on this thread. Were you able to track this down?

Let me know your findings.

Regards,

Amy.