Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
11436 Discussions

where can I download latest BIOS for DG33BU?

nqbe0
Beginner

where can I download latest BIOS for DG33BU?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Not on the Intel site; Intel has stopped hosting the download of drivers for their defunct Desktop Boards. I happen to have the latest, however. Extract the .BIO file from the attached ZIP file and install it using the F7 or BIOS Recovery methods.

...S

nqbe0
Beginner
Nemias
Beginner

I downloaded the zip file, i made a double click on the uncompressed Bio File but it opens a txt file, it does not run any other process on the disk, I mean that it does not do any bios update. The problem i have is that I installed an Intel 2 Quad Q9650 processor on the DG33BU motherboard, the Windows 10 runs fine on the 32 version but when trying to run on the 64 bits the system can not boot. I do not know if i'm doing something wrong. I had the same problem on the DG31PR, I downloaded the Bios Update file to the motherboard and then I could run Windows 10, 64 bits, with no problem at all, however it has been a nightmare to locate the proper Bios file for the DG33BU and when unzipping the file and running the update I realize that the Update bios never took place. Any Comment will be very welcome.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This is not a package that can be installed from Windows. You must use the BIOS Recovery process.

To help you better, here are my step-by-step instructions for BIOS Recovery:

1. NOTE: Read these instructions completely before starting. Follow all instructions EXACTLY.
  2. On some other Windows-based PC, download the .BIO file for the BIOS release you wish to install.
  3. Insert a 32GB or smaller (the smaller the better) USB 2.0 flash drive into the PC. Do not use USB 3.0 flash drives (most are not compatible). It is also better (though not required) to use a flash drive that has an access LED that you can watch.
  4. Format this USB flash drive using the Windows Format applet. Specify to install the FAT32 file system (Important: NOT vFAT, NOT exFAT; FAT32 only). You must also specify that the Quick Format option be Disabled (unchecked).
  5. NOTE: If FAT32 is not offered as a choice by the Format applet, your flash drive is too big; use another.
  6. Copy the .BIO file into the root folder of this USB flash drive. This should be the only .BIO file in the root folder of the USB flash drive.
  7. Properly eject the USB flash drive. Do not just yank it out. Do this from File Explorer or using the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media System Tray applet.
  8. Power off the Desktop Board system.
  9. Remove the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper from the board. It will be the only yellow jumper; the rest will usually be black.
  10. Plug the USB flash drive into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the board. Avoid using blue USB 3.0 or Yellow USB 2.0/3.0 charging ports. Also avoid using front panel USB ports.
  11. Power on the system.
  12. The BIOS Recovery process should start automatically. You should see a progress report on your main monitor.
  13. NOTE: If you do not see a progress report displayed on a monitor, do not power off the system for at least 15 minutes. While it is rare, it is possible for the process to proceed without an onscreen display; you must give it ample time to complete, just in case.
  14. When the BIOS Recovery process is complete, you will be asked to power off the system. Do so then.
  15. Restore the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper to the pins it was on previously. This should be across pins 1 and 2 of this (three pin) header.
  16. Remove the USB flash drive from the back panel of the board.
  17. Power on the board.
  18. Immediately begin pressing the F2 key, over and over (approx. once per second) until you see a BIOS Setup (or Visual BIOS) screen displayed.
  19. Verify, using the BIOS version string, that the BIOS installed properly. Stop if it isn't.
  20. Press the F9 key (followed by the Y key) to reset of the BIOS configuration.
  21. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  22. Once screen is cleared (goes black), begin pressing the F2 key, over and over, until you see the BIOS Setup screen displayed.
  23. Make any changes to the BIOS configuration that you desire (for example, disabling NUMLOCK) or that you require (for example, setting Boot Order, enabling UEFI, etc.).
  24. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  25. Test.

Here are some additional thoughts:

• If BIOS Recovery will not start, try using a different USB port. You can try using the blue USB 3.0 or yellow USB 2.0/3.0 ports as well if no other choices. You can also try using front panel USB ports.
  • If switching USB ports didn't work, try using a different USB flash drive. Remember that all USB flash drives must be reformatted at least once using the process described in Step 4 above.
  • As always, it is helpful to use a USB flash drive that has an access LED so that you can visually see if it is being accessed.
  • If you are seeing USB flash drive being accessed but BIOS Recovery does not start, a common cause is compatibility with the memory present. The BIOS Recovery engine, as it is with USB 3.0 flash drives, can be very picky with regards to memory compatibility. Try removing all but one DIMM/SODIMM.
  • For more information on the BIOS Recovery process, consult Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions.

Hope this helps,

...S

Nemias
Beginner

I want to thank you Scott. I bought the intel Processor 2 Quad Q9650 but I did not know that I should download a new Bios, I though it will not work, however I followed the procedure you posted and worked fine. I did many tests, wrong tests. The problem is that I had no patience, I placed the USB Flash drive with the Bios File (prior I removed the Bios Configuration Jumper) then I power up the CPU but since the monitor stayed black for five minutes I turned off the computer thinking that nothing was happening so there were no Bios update. However once i made the same procedure but I had to move out to look for something at my car, I returned like 15 minutes later and then I turned to see the monitor and then I realized that the monitor displayed that the Bios Update took place. I review the Bios Configuration and I realized that the 572 Bios Update was installed. Then I installed the SSD having the Windows 10, 64 bits and finally the Windows 10 , 64 bits was loaded. I really apprecciate your help. Please take care, God bless you