Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

windows 10 and problem with HDD external

Hello, I use windows 10 64 of motherboard msi b150m mortar. When I try to transfer a large file (8.9, 10 gb) from the PC to the hard drive 3,5" in the docking station, transfer is slow, often wavering. This also happens with an external HDD2,5" usb samsung, while a HDD Western Digital is all ok. I can transfer without problem big files from external hard drives to pcAll drivers are updated. Possible solutions please? Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Is this a USB 3.0-based docking station? USB 3.0 uses a 2.4 GHz carrier and thus WiFi can interfere with it. Try disabling WiFi and see if the transfers stabilize. Alternatively, switch your WiFi to the 5.0 GHz band.

Hope this helps,

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hi, wifi is always off. and third docking of different brand I try . other solutions? thanks

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Could be a problem with the USB 3.0 solution on this board. Have you tried using different USB 3.0 ports?

idata
Community Manager

Hi, Itried port 2.0 same board and it works!! I read that is problem with anniversary update of windows 10. I'm waiting for microsoft's solution 13 september.....I hope

idata
Community Manager

Hello, msi67:

Thank you for sharing this with the community, let's hope that this can be addressed on the Microsoft solution you mentioned.

Keep us posted.

Regards,

Amy.