cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHunt8
Beginner

xw4200 WorkStation recognizes 4gb but only uses 3.25gb

Okay,

So basically my PC is only recognizing 3.25gb of my Ram. I have researched this various ammounts of times. Done BIOS updates (Currently on Version 1.09)

I have tried a few methods like the MSConfig>Memory>AdvancedSettings.

Even CPU-Z recognizes all 4gb. Same in my BIOS and Same in My Computer except only 3.25 is usable.

CPU-Z (Image of 4gb Recognized)

My Computer (You have all seen this before. But just to provide more information)

I know my RAM is not buggered either. As I have tried it in a xw4300 WorkStation

Im not sure if this is even in the right section. Sorry if its not I did look around for the most appropriate section

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Perhaps you have a 32-bit Operating System? What happens if you test 1 stick only until you test all? Is every single Stick recognized individually?

JHunt8
Beginner

No I forgot to add I formatted my HardDrive Installed XP so i could do a MicroCode update on my Processor. And then I updated my BIOS from XP. This stil did not show all my RAM. I then Installed WIN 7 PRO 64bit. And Used Disk Ceanup to remove the Old Windows OS. I have 2 sticks of 2gb. And 1 stick Shows the full 2gb. And I tried the other and it still shows the 2gb

It Says its HardWare Reserved

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

May I know what the memory part number is? Can you also post your system information report here?

How to get it?

System Information: Click Start> Type System Information> Click File> Export> Save File> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

JHunt8
Beginner

I think this here is the part Number. I'm not sure. For my RAM that is

HYMP125U64CP8

System report is Attached!

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Dontcha,

Thank you for sharing this information.

Checking these reports, I see the computer is recognizing 4GB installed on the motherboard but the availability may be limited by the Operating System or a configuration in your system.

At this point, the best step is to contact HP and report this issue to them. Doing a BIOS update may do the trick as well.

Kevin M