Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1626 Discussions

RuntimeError: [enforce fail at CPUAllocator.cpp:64] . Error code 12 (Cannot allocate memory)

advanchip
Novice

I am using Python 3 (OpenVINO 2021.1) in Jupyter Notebook Devcloud.  Got the following error message:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/torch/nn/modules/conv.py", line 342, in conv2d_forward
    self.padding, self.dilation, self.groups)
RuntimeError: [enforce fail at CPUAllocator.cpp:64] . DefaultCPUAllocator: can't allocate memory: you tried to allocate 52428800 bytes. Error code 12 (Cannot allocate memory)

When I run: !free -h

total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:           250G        1.7G        248G        2.1M        848M        247G
Swap:          1.9G          0B        1.9G

Please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @advanchip

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding your inquiry, we noticed it is about Jupyter* Notebook. We have a forum for those specific products and questions so we are moving it to the Intel® DevCloud for Edge Forum so it can get answered more quickly: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-DevCloud-for-Edge/bd-p/devcloud-edge

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Andrey_Vladimirov
New Contributor III

Hello advanchip, it will not be possible for me to identify why the application is running out of memory, but be aware that the RAM of the dev node is shared between multiple users. The limit of memory usage per user is 6 GB.

0 Kudos
AdvanChipA
Novice

I tried to allocate 52MB, if the limit is 6GB per user.  It should be plenty and should work.

0 Kudos