Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

AC9560 upgrade trouble

olegeezer
Beginner

Hello. I have tried talking with both Intel and Asus.  I want to upgrade my Asus ROG Stryx GL703gm AC9560 wifi card. Intel told me to talk with Asus about this. So I contacted Asus. Asus said they would not assist me in determining which intel wifi card would upgrade my AC9560. So I am left to coming back to Intel for assistance.  Please stop giving me the run around and assist me.  Does intel make a wifi card that I can upgrade to from my AC9560??  I was hoping to upgrade to a wifi card that would handle 802.11ax and 6 or 6E wifi.  My Netgear modem and Netgear router handle 802.11ax and wifi 6 and 6E.  Is ther any intel wifi card out there I can use to upgrade my AC9560 wifi card?? E-mail me at <email removed>

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @olegeezer

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding your request for assistance to upgrade the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 on your ASUS* computer, the information provided by the SuperUsers in the other threads is correct. The best channel of support for this request is your computer manufacturer (OEM).

We offer post-sales support, and it is important to keep in mind that installation or use of Intel® Wireless Adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. As each country may have different regulatory requirements, before you install/change the Intel® Wireless Adapter in a system, you must contact the system manufacturer to determine what Intel® Wireless Adapters would be compatible with your system (e.g.: socket connector, BIOS, operating system, software/drivers, etc.) and if it would be approved for use in your system and country. 

Your OEM is are the one that should be able to provide you with the proper information and recommend better replacement options for your system/environment.

When the end-user of a system installs a wireless card on a system that did not come with it from the factory, this is what we call "Wireless Integration" and it may cause connection issues or software-hardware errors. Your computer may not recognize new hardware when you install an Intel® Wireless Adapter for several reasons.

For more information, please review the following links:

Having said that, we kindly recommend addressing this inquiry to ASUS* support for the proper assistance.

Also, please keep in mind that we will proceed to close this thread now and it will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos