Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1150 Discussions

Cannot Apply for Extension: "Something seems to have gone wrong" Error

JamesDBartlett3
622 Views

When I try to apply for an extension for my DevCloud account, I get the following error (see attached screenshot for more detail):

ERROR: Something seems to have gone wrong. To access the extension request form, please refer back to the original URL shared. If you continue to encounter issues, please let us know through our forum.

This happened immediately after I renewed my session cookie by entering the code that was sent to my email, so I know that it's not an expired session.

I already tried the usual troubleshooting measures.

Please help -- I only have 5 days left, so I need to renew soon!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JamesDBartlett3
622 Views

OK, I figured out what the problem was.

The "extend my DevCloud account" page (https://software.seek.intel.com/us-en-extend-devcloud) is incompatible with AdBlock. However, the error message doesn't mention anything about AdBlock, or even that "one or more of its necessary components was blocked by the browser", or something like that. So, it was purely by persistence and luck that I found the root of the issue, and was able to renew my account before it expired.

I haven't seen any advertisements on this site, so I'm really not sure why that page needs to have AdBlock disabled in order to work, but I would suggest that the front-end devs for the DevCloud website may want to consider putting an AdBlock testing stage in their CI/CD pipeline, because AdBlock is one of the most common browser extensions, so I can't be the only one who's had this problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JamesDBartlett3
623 Views

OK, I figured out what the problem was.

The "extend my DevCloud account" page (https://software.seek.intel.com/us-en-extend-devcloud) is incompatible with AdBlock. However, the error message doesn't mention anything about AdBlock, or even that "one or more of its necessary components was blocked by the browser", or something like that. So, it was purely by persistence and luck that I found the root of the issue, and was able to renew my account before it expired.

I haven't seen any advertisements on this site, so I'm really not sure why that page needs to have AdBlock disabled in order to work, but I would suggest that the front-end devs for the DevCloud website may want to consider putting an AdBlock testing stage in their CI/CD pipeline, because AdBlock is one of the most common browser extensions, so I can't be the only one who's had this problem.

Reply