Employee

Hi,

I tried to connect today to Devcloud and I got

nc: read failed (0/4): Broken pipe
kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
Connection closed by UNKNOWN port 65535

It worked fine two days ago and I did not change anything in my settings. Is there some maintenance going on right now?

Thank you and best regards,

Christoph

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi Christoph,

We have analyzed the config file that you sent and we did not find any issue with it. We recently made small changes to the DNS entries for Intel DevCloud services. As a result, you may have had difficulty connecting to the DevCloud using SSH. So could you please try replacing all instances of 'devcloud.intel.com' with 'ssh.devcloud.intel.com' in your ~/.ssh/config file and see if this works?

Regards,

Alekhya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Forums. Were you trying to connect to DevCloud via Cygwin or VSCode?

As you mentioned that you were able connect before and you are not able to connect now, please try connecting after some time to check if this is a temporary network glitch. And we'd like you to ensure that your DevCloud access key is still valid. Please check this and let us know the same.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
ChristophB
Employee

Hi Alekhya,

I am using Cygwin. I tired again today but the behavior is the same. The problem only shows up when I VPN to the Intel network and then go through a proxy to Devcloud. I can use it just fine if I close the VPN connection and do not use a proxy when connecting to Devcloud. So I assume my access key is still fine. I think the key should be valid through August.

Thank you for your help and best regards,

Christoph

0 Kudos
Jennifer_D_Intel

I have the same issue with the proxy, which started on Friday. I normally use cygwin, but can't connect with putty or vscode either.

Today the error is slightly different:

$ ssh devcloud.proxy
nc: connection failed, SOCKS error 1

Yesterday I was able to connect off the VPN without the proxy in cygwin, but as of today that doesn't work either:

$ ssh devcloud
ssh: connect to host devcloud.intel.com port 22: Network is unreachable

Rebooting hasn't help.

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi Christoph,

We have analyzed the config file that you sent and we did not find any issue with it. We recently made small changes to the DNS entries for Intel DevCloud services. As a result, you may have had difficulty connecting to the DevCloud using SSH. So could you please try replacing all instances of 'devcloud.intel.com' with 'ssh.devcloud.intel.com' in your ~/.ssh/config file and see if this works?

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos