Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1637 Discussions

Cant use Intel Max Iris on devcloud

ManuelCostanzo2

Hi everyone!

I want to use GPU Max Iris on devcloud but I have 2 problems:

1. When I can enter using: qsub -I -l nodes=1:quad_gpu:ppn=2, or qsub -I -l nodes=1:dual_gpu:ppn=2, or qsub -I -l nodes=1:iris_xe_max:ppn=2 -d .,  I execute a sample DPC++ program and nothing happen. It's like the GPU cant start or something like that and it freeze and never ends. Also if I launch a job without the interactive mode.

2. Actually when I want to enter to Iris Max, I get: qsub: cannot connect to server v-qsvr-1.aidevcloud (errno=111) Connection refused

If I try using another GPU, all works great (usnig the same program, etc), the problem is with Iris. 

Anyone knows what is happening ? Thank you so much !

9 Replies
ManuelCostanzo2

The "Connection Refused" problem was something that happened only one day. The problem with Max Iris persists.

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums.

We are working on this. We will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Your issue might be because the node with your requested feature might not be free at the time of request. To list down the nodes with a particular feature use the below command.

pbsnodes | grep "properties = core,cfl,i9-10920x,ram32gb,net1gbe,gpu,iris_xe_max,quad_gpu" -A 4 -B 4

Note: Above command is to list the number of quad_gpu nodes.

You can request node again. Incase if you have any issues in accessing those nodes then search for nodes with the above command. Even after this if your issue persists then let us know.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Is your issue resolved? Do you have any updates?

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
ManuelCostanzo2

Hi,

I still have issues but I'm trying to create an example for reproducing it. Thank you

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Kindly provide the command line and screenshot to reproduce your issue. Also we suggest you to list free nodes with pbsnodes | grep "properties = core,cfl,i9-10920x,ram32gb,net1gbe,gpu,iris_xe_max,quad_gpu" -A 4 -B 4 command and login with node number instead of node property.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Is your issue resolved? Do you have any updates?

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
ManuelCostanzo2

Hi ! Thank you for your help. Yes is resolved.

0 Kudos