Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

Collecting DIMM information on Xe Max nodes ?

Harald_S_Intel
Employee

Hello

would be possible to get information about the memory DIMMs connected on the Xe Max nodes (e.g. s011-n005) ? I'm looking for the number of connected DIMMs, their respective size and operating speed - as reported by dmidecode -t 17, for instance. Since we cannot use root, I cannot collect these details.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AbhijeetJ_Intel

Hi,

Could you please tell us more about the use case, where you need more memory related information?

Please note that:

Current Terms and Conditions of using DevCloud do not allow benchmarking or publishing any related results.

For more information on the Terms & Conditions of DevCloud usage refer https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/legal/terms-of-use.html , Section 9.2 prohibits publishing performance benchmarks.

Regards

Abhijeet

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AbhijeetJ_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We don’t provide root privileges to the user’s in the Intel Devcloud.

We are working on this with the concerned team to know if there is any alternative way to get information on memory DIMMs.

Regards

Abhijeet

0 Kudos
AbhijeetJ_Intel

Hi,

You can use below command to list all compute nodes and their properties:

pbsnodes

To target specific nodes and properties use

grep properties

The properties are used to describe various capabilities available on the compute nodes like: CPU type & name, accelerator type and name, available DRAM, type of interconnect, number of accelerator devices available and their type and intended or recommended use.

To know more follow this link:

https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/job-submission/

Regards

Abhijeet

0 Kudos
Harald_S_Intel
Employee

Hello,

thank you for the information but this does not address my question. The pbsnodes (and its properties) report some high-level summary. However, it does not report the operating frequency of the memory and neither how many DIMMs are connected and their sizes.

Best.

0 Kudos
AbhijeetJ_Intel

Hi,

Could you please tell us more about the use case, where you need more memory related information?

Please note that:

Current Terms and Conditions of using DevCloud do not allow benchmarking or publishing any related results.

For more information on the Terms & Conditions of DevCloud usage refer https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/legal/terms-of-use.html , Section 9.2 prohibits publishing performance benchmarks.

Regards

Abhijeet

0 Kudos
Harald_S_Intel
Employee

Oh! Thanks for pointing this out! I was unaware of this section in the terms&conditions!

0 Kudos
AbhijeetJ_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards

Abhijeet

0 Kudos