Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1625 Discussions

Compiling openCL kernel in Arria10 problem and Error enumerating AFCs: no driver available)

batmanbatak
Novice

Hi I noticed when logged in to devcloud there's a announcement message:
"Process exceeded login node resource limit.
Please run jobs on compute nodes using qsub or start an interactive shell using qsub -I.
Please visit the forums at: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-devcloud"

yesterday I try to compile openCL kernel that previously I have compiled that always finished within allocated 6 hours timeline. but yesterday when I try to recompile the same script it exceeds 6 hours walltime so the process is interrupted. The same script previously can be finished and compiled in an hour. The node use is s005-n004 and s005-n007, i use devcloud_login script to login to node. Then I try to logged in to node using qsub  intereactive

qsub -q batch@v-qsvr-fpga -I -l nodes=arria10:ppn=2 

i logged in to s001-n137 in this node I can compile openCL kernel until process completed but when I try to run it encounter error no AFC driver problem. and when I run aocl diagnose it seems in this node there's driver problem.

Help me resolved this issue please

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RajashekarK_Intel

Hi, Thank you for your patience.

>> I try to run it encounter error no AFC driver problem

The above issue is fixed and updated on s001-n137 node, Can you confirm it from your end?

>> but yesterday when I try to recompile the same script it exceeds 6 hours walltime so the process is interrupted

Hence, we don't know which sample you are trying out, we cannot reproduce your issue. but as the driver's are updated and fixed, please try out once again.

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue.

Regards

Rajashekar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RajashekarK_Intel

Hi, Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

The message occurs when we try to run a job/task on Login node, use Compute Node for all your Job submissions and running your programs.

We were able to reproduce your issue and reported it to the concerned team on "No AFC driver" problem for this(s001-n137) Node, meanwhile try to use other nodes(s005-n001, s005-n002 and s005-n004).

Thanks,

Rajashekar

0 Kudos
RajashekarK_Intel

Hi, Thank you for your patience.

>> I try to run it encounter error no AFC driver problem

The above issue is fixed and updated on s001-n137 node, Can you confirm it from your end?

>> but yesterday when I try to recompile the same script it exceeds 6 hours walltime so the process is interrupted

Hence, we don't know which sample you are trying out, we cannot reproduce your issue. but as the driver's are updated and fixed, please try out once again.

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue.

Regards

Rajashekar

0 Kudos
batmanbatak
Novice
0 Kudos
RajashekarK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards

Rajashekar

0 Kudos