Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1642 Discussions

Connect to DevCloud with PuTTY

User01
New Contributor II

I see that the "Intel DevCloud for oneAPI, Get Started, 1. Connect to DevCloud" documentation has instructions for "Cygwin on Windows," "Linux or macOS" and "Visual Studio Code." I found the following work for PuTTY. These steps may still be non-optimal, so if anyone has refinements, please post them.

1. Use PuTTYgen to import the key provided for the account (e.g, devcloud-access-key-123456.txt).
  2. In PuTTYgen "Save private key" to a PuTTY .ppk file.
  3. PuTTY Configuration:

Category > Session > Host Name = devcloud
    Category > Session > Connection type = SSH
    Category > Session > Saved Sessions = devcloud

Category > Connection > Data > Auto-login username = <e.g., u123456>

Category > Connection > Proxy > Proxy type = Local
    Categroy > Connection > Proxy > Telnet command, or local proxy command = plink -T -i <full path of .ppk from step 2> guest@ssh.devcloud.intel.com

Category > Connection > SSH > Auth > Private key file for authentication = <.ppk file from Step 2>

Note that an Internet search for DevCloud PuTTY connectivity may lead to "DevCloud Connectivity via PuTTY from inside Intel Network." The operable clause there must be "from inside Intel Network" as I couldn't get the instructions there to translate to the normal case of a direct Internet connection. The instructions above worked for me from a personal Verizon FiOS connection.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbhijeetJ_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for providing these steps but Intel DevCloud for oneAPI does not currently support SSH connection through Putty.

While it is possible to utilize various other SSH clients we only currently have instructions and support for connecting using Cygwin

https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/connect-with-ssh-windows-cygwin/ 

or native Linux or macOS

https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/connect-with-ssh-linux-macos/ 

Regards

Abhijeet

0 Kudos
AbhijeetJ_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for providing these steps.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards

Abhijeet

0 Kudos